Receipt image missing; notes don’t transfer

ashleyashley Member Posts: 4

Since Jan 30, images (in the app) disappear after processing. Sometimes the thumbnail is ok on the list view, but upon opening it, i see “image not available.” However when posted to wave online, the receipt is actually there.

Also, notes typed in on the app never seem to make it online after posting.

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @ashley. We were actually having some issues with thumbnails not appearing with their associated receipt. We found the source of the problem and took care of it. The thumbnails should be back where they belong on your end. Can you let me know if they aren't?

As for the notes, we're aware of the issue with them and the transfer of notes has been unreliable. We're investigating the reason behind that. Until we find a solution, I'd recommend going through the verification steps for your receipts on the website to make sure you can put save your notes there.

• ashleyashley Member Posts: 4

Thank you. I’ve noticed also that the tax amount doesn’t get transferred either, and email receipts only capture the 1st page, not the whole PDF.

• Matt_JacobsMatt_Jacobs Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I’m having the same problem. I had problems with the app being “offline” but have remedied this.

I have also deleted the app, red installed, logged out and in, restarted my phone and this is still happening with new receipts I upload.
  • ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Matt_Jacobs! I'm sorry to hear that! Can you send some screenshots of what that looks like on your end? I'd love to try to help as best as I can!

• ashleyashley Member Posts: 4

Hi @ConnorM will you also be commenting on the emailed receipt images not transferring completely (only 1st page of PDF makes it) and the sales tax not being transferred from mobile to web? Thanks!

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @ashley -- In reference to the problem you are experiencing where the sales tax is not being transferred from mobile to web, could you please include a screenshot example of what you are looking at? The subtotal generally needs to be filled in on the mobile app for it to properly appear under the Purchases > Receipts section, but I could be off in terms of what you are referring to. As for the receipt images, do you mean the preview of the receipt itself? You should be able to click on 'view original receipt' once you have it open and the image itself will populate.

• ProfindianProfindian Member Posts: 5

having a similar issue.
    i changed the primary email address associated with the account and seem to have lost all reciept images till the date i swapped the email address.
    is there any way to retrieve them?
    Kindly advise.

• CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi @Profindian , thanks for your message! To confirm, if you click 'view original image' below where the receipt image would be, does the image still pop up in your browser? Or is it completely gone? Let me know and we can go from there :)

Hey thanks for the revert.

Checked and I can confirm that it's gone completely. The "view reciepts" link get diverted to an error page.
  • BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Profindian

Just curious, was this transaction merged with your bank import? Would you mind sharing a screenshot of the transaction?

Typically when you merge a bank import transaction with a receipt transaction, it actually depends on the checkbox which you select first.

If it is a merged transaction, unmerge them, and select the receipt transaction first, then the bank import transaction then merge. I do believe this is the order in which you can maintain the integrity of the receipt image.

@BarsinA said:
    Hey there @Profindian

Just curious, was this transaction merged with your bank import? Would you mind sharing a screenshot of the transaction?

Typically when you merge a bank import transaction with a receipt transaction, it actually depends on the checkbox which you select first.

If it is a merged transaction, unmerge them, and select the receipt transaction first, then the bank import transaction then merge. I do believe this is the order in which you can maintain the integrity of the receipt image.

hey thanks for the revert. however these transactions were not merged.
    i had registered with waveapps using my personal gmail email address (primary) and added the company email address as an administrator(which i was using to post entries and reciepts). this was sending out reciepts with the primary email as the contact source.

i wanted to change that, so i had to login to the primary login and remove the company email account form wave before it allowed me to change emails - hope this makes sence.
    that is what triggered the loss of reciepts. is there any way to get them back?

Kind regards.

• CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi there @Profindian , thanks for getting back! To confirm, all receipts are completely gone, or only some? I ask because on the back end here, I can see that there are receipts on file for your account, so they still exist somewhere in your account (though it sounds like the email switch may have hidden them for good unless we intervene). If you like, we can force all the receipts from the back end to re-post to Accounting, and we can see if the images also show up with them. Please confirm if you'd like us to do so!

> @CallieP said:
    > Hi there @Profindian , thanks for getting back! To confirm, all receipts are completely gone, or only some? I ask because on the back end here, I can see that there are receipts on file for your account, so they still exist somewhere in your account (though it sounds like the email switch may have hidden them for good unless we intervene). If you like, we can force all the receipts from the back end to re-post to Accounting, and we can see if the images also show up with them. Please confirm if you'd like us to do so!

Hi. Everything pre July has disappeared (from before the email switch) if you can get those back for me it would be super helpful.
    Thank you.
  • ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Profindian! I'm seeing 4 receipts on our end from June 30th, which we can push to import into your account, if you aren't seeing them. As a curiosity, though, what was the old email that you had used? I'm wondering if perhaps these other receipts are still in that account, and it has somehow been segmented. Let me know!

@ConnorM said:
    Hey @Profindian! I'm seeing 4 receipts on our end from June 30th, which we can push to import into your account, if you aren't seeing them. As a curiosity, though, what was the old email that you had used? I'm wondering if perhaps these other receipts are still in that account, and it has somehow been segmented. Let me know!

thanks for the support. the email address i was using was jrmerchant@gmail.com and all the receipts before July 10th (thats when i did the email swap) have disappeared. there were quite a bit of them. - the entries show up in accounting though. just the images are not accessible to me.

thanks
    Kind regards.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Profindian

Can you try sending a receipt to receipts@waveapps.com from both emails you have on your account and tell me whether one of them appears and the other does not?