Options

Uploading receipts by email is currently unavailable

CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Due to ongoing issues with a third party provider, uploading receipts by emailing them from your primary email address to receipts@waveapps.com is currently unavailable. In the meantime, you can upload receipts using the Receipts by Wave app for Android or iOS, or directly from Purchases > Receipts using the Upload a receipt button.

If you have emailed receipts to receipts@waveapps.com between 02/03/2019 and today please try re-uploading receipts using a mobile app or the Receipts tool in the web application.

We'll share any updates here as soon as we have them. Thank you so much for your patience.

Update 02/06/2019 11:20am Eastern

Our provider has resolved this issue and email receipts are working as usual.

edited February 6, 2019 in Mobile Technical Support

Comments

• Options
    bmccloskeybmccloskey Member Posts: 4

I'm actually okay with this. Although the emailing was convenient. But I wish there was a way to upload several receipts at once.

• Options
    MarkusMarkus Member Posts: 18

@bmccloskey There is!! Just mark the files in your explorer and drag and drop them onto the Upload a Receipt button.

I do like the email feature. I get probably 80% of my receipts by email, and it's a quick way to get them into the system.

• Options

@Markus I had no idea!! I just tried it and it does work! Wow that's awesome and a game changer!

• Options
    MarkusMarkus Member Posts: 18

@bmccloskey I discovered it by accident. Funny it's not documented anywhere.

• Options

@Markus well hopefully us talking about it doesn't cause them to fix it so it doesnt ;-)

• Options
    AdamskiAdamski Member Posts: 1

I've tried all day from my two email addresses that I've used in the past but receipts still aren't uploading via email.

• Options
    JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

@Adamski Have you made sure that the email address that you are sending the receipts to is the primary? I feel as though this help centre article should give you a bit more insight as to what steps need to be followed to make sure that everything is working accordingly; https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/208622136-How-to-email-your-receipts-to-your-Wave-account

• Options
    ggoodggood Member Posts: 1

Is this still accurate?

I keep getting the error "receipt preview temporarily unavailable." I can't find any information telling me when and if the receipt image will become available.

• Options
    AngAng Member Posts: 1

I keep getting this error as well. And when I try to email it, it is sent to the wrong account (that I created under a different email, so I can keep things seperate).

• Options
    EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @ggood! Sorry to hear about the issue you're having! Are you still viewing this error message? Are you on the desktop version, or are you using the receipt app?

Hey @Ang! Are you still getting this error as well? If you signed up with Wave via the desktop version, receipts will populate the first Receipts tab you opened. For example, if you have a Business A and a Business B, and opened the receipts tab for A first, this is where they will import. You can always switch receipts between businesses by going to: Purchases -> Receipts -> click the drop down for a receipt -> click 'Move to' and select the business you would like it moved to.

• Options
    Decisive1Decisive1 Member Posts: 3

Has this issue been fixed? Am I still about to email receipts now that the mobile app is sunset?

• Options
    KiahDKiahD Administrator Posts: 267 admin

Hello @Decisive1,

To clarify, emailing receipts was a feature that was also removed as part of the updates to the Receipts workflow. You can find the full details of what we changed here, as well as the Help Centre article on the new workflow :smile: