Expenses Importing as INCOME??!!!

djblogisticsdjblogistics Member Posts: 1

Hello, i have multiple transactions coming over from my bank and credit card listed as income. these are clearly charges and i have yet to find a way to switch it from an income to an expense,,,this used to be very easy to do. You guys are making this program less user friendly. if there is not a simple sustainable fix for this i am afraid i will have little use for Wave

Comments

• MikegMikeg Member Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

Are you importing from bank or are they connected? If importing, sometimes in the csv file you will need to change the sign (-/+). There is a quick way of doing that with formulas. What I will do for a client is download the csv and in a blank column do a + or - for the column with the transactions (depends on how it came through). Copy formula down so all transactions have been inverted. Then, Copy range and paste as a value over the original transactions. Delete column with formulas. Import into Wave. Done

• AceVMPAceVMP Member Posts: 4

I know this is an old thread but I'm having a similar issue. I have my Credit Card automatically importing transactions and since Nov. 2021 the transactions switched and are now importing as income rather than expenses

• mmtsmmts Member Posts: 2

Yes, this happened to me as well. Suddenly expenses are automatically imported as income, and you cannot change it other than delete the transaction! This needs to be resolved immediately by wave!

• ng232ng232 Member Posts: 3

Yup, my new Chase credit card is doing the same thing, all the expenses are showing as income...

• clftsclfts Member Posts: 1

Same issue here.

For older credit cards, expenses remain correctly imported automatically in Wave as expenses.

But for a NEW credit card from the same bank (JPMorgan) as the older ones, added in the past weeks, expenses imported in Wave show up as income!

Is Wave IT fixing this? When can a solution be expected?

• ng232ng232 Member Posts: 3

@clfts - that is exactly right - JPMorgan as well and it only affects the new card (not the old).

@clfts @mmts @AceVMP - Can you please comment on the new thread here: https://community.waveapps.com/discussion/11486/new-jpmorgan-credit-card-transactions-show-as-income-instead-of-expense-old-cards-unaffected/p1?new=1 to hopefully get WaveApps eyes on this. This older thread may be getting ignored.

• AceVMPAceVMP Member Posts: 4

Chatted with Wave Customer support about this today... their response

"Sorry for the wait, It looks like this is an issue with the connection between Plaid and your credit card provider. Unfortunately the only thing I can recommend is to delete your credit card connection and try reconnecting it again to see if that solves the problem.

You can delete the connection by heading to Banking > Connected Accounts, locating the credit card and clicking the trash icon to the right of it. When you re-connect it, please be sure to select the "import from" date to be the same date you delete the connection to avoid duplicate transactions from importing"

I haven't yet taken the time to do it but I'll update if it works