whoa... something is not right

comoxvalleyartscomoxvalleyarts Member Posts: 6

i'm looking at our bank connections page - for my work account (the non profit that i work with)... and MY PERSONAL BANKING INFO is what appears as connected... which is definitely is not. HOW ARE THE DETAILS OF MY PERSONAL BANK ACCOUNT able to be seen here??

and then i look at the bank payments and "edit bank profile" and it's one of our client's bank accounts - one that they have used to pay an invoice...

SOMETHING IS DEFINITELY NOT RIGHT.
i have screenshots to share.

Comments

• CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Hi @comoxvalleyarts thanks for your post! Your bank connections page (Banking > Bank Connections) is at the account level. This means you don't have a separate bank connections page for each of your businesses. From this page, you can connect new accounts and choose which of your business profiles you'd like those connections to import into, edit connections, or remove connections. These connections are read-only and for the purpose of importing your transactions for bookkeeping.

Let me know if this helps to clear things up! If you have any other questions, please let us know. If you can share specifically where you're looking in the app or screenshots (obfuscating any personal details) it's always appreciated.

• comoxvalleyartscomoxvalleyarts Member Posts: 6

no, it doesn't clear up why my personal banking info - for my personal bank account - is showing up on the screen in my organization's wave apps "bank connections" page....
    it's showing me ALL my personal accounts, and at no point was it ever linked... there's NO WAY it should be able to do that! I don't even bank at the same bank as my org...

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

@comoxvalleyarts Just to reiterate what Charlotte mentioned here. If you ever added a bank connection in any of your businesses (including your personal account) all of the accounts will be listed in the businesses that you've created in Wave (since bank connections are at the account level, not business level). With that being said, my suggestion is that if you do not want your banking information (personal banking) to be displayed in Wave, you will need to delete that specific bank connection. Keep in mind, if you have a business bank account under the umbrella of an account that you created with RBC (for example) -- all of the other account associated with that connection will also appear.