Managing Receipts

m1cr0ch1pm1cr0ch1p Member Posts: 18

Once you upload receipts, how can you find a particular receipt? You cannot seem to search or sort in receipts, and they are not sorted by invoice date.

And once you upload a receipt it creates a transaction. How can you access the linked transaction from the receipt, and vice versa?

Thanks

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @m1cr0ch1p.

Receipts uploaded on your Wave account are stored in the order in which they were uploaded. There currently isn't a way to reorder them. The best way to find a particular receipt would be to raise the number of receipts viewed on one page and search the page (with Control+F) for the name of the vendor.

There aren't links to go from a receipt to the transaction it created, or vice-versa, either. Again, Control+F might be a useful workaround.

• CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

@m1cr0ch1p the receipt image will be attached to the transaction it creates, so you should be able to see both the image and the transaction details on the Transactions page.

Edit: my apologies, I misspoke here. :) This functionality was available for a previous version of Wave. It is planned for the version of Wave you are using as well, but no ETA just yet on when it will be available. You can read more about new features and changes here.

edited February 2, 2018
  • m1cr0ch1pm1cr0ch1p Member Posts: 18

Thanks for the update. Look forward to be able to seeing the link between the receipt and transaction, and being able to sort / search in the receipt list (which isn't easy to do manually if you have hundreds of receipts). All the data and links already exist, so hopefully it won't be too long before they are exposed on the front end :)

• TereziaTerezia Member Posts: 1

Is there a way to upload more receipts at the same time or you need to do it one by one? I would like to organize my old receipts and since there is many I would like to be able to upload them simultaneously. Thanks.

Hi, @Terezia.

Yes, you can! The easiest way to do it is to drag and drop all of those receipts to the Receipts page on the website. This will upload all of the dragged receipts at once.

• HesterHester Member Posts: 4

I have captured a payment and then uploaded the receipt for the payment, that was BEFORE I read the manual that told me that uploading a receipt actually creates a transaction.
    Now I am stuck with double entries, how do I get rid of it?

Hi, @Hester.

We make it pretty easy, I promise! All you'll have to do is select the two matching entries and click on the Merge button. That button will appear on top of the transactions panel once you have two transactions selected.

• HesterHester Member Posts: 4

Thank you!

• harmonikharmonik Member Posts: 1

Hi there,
    I've just uploaded a bunch of receipts and plan on going in an merging each on with the bank import. Why can't I see the attached receipts when I click on the transaction in my transaction list? I was hoping that it would bring up a thumbnail of it in the side bar on the right when I click on it, but there's nowhere on there for that or even an acknowledgement that I attached a receipt at all? Am I missing something?

Hi, @harmonik.

You can't currently see a picture of your receipt from the transactions page. You'll see a note on top of the panel on the right saying that this transaction was created from a receipt on a given date, but you'll have to find that receipt on the Receipts page to see the picture of it.

It is a commonly brought up feature suggestion, however. So while I can't make any promises, we are aware of the demand for a feature like this one and we are listening.

• bernieledbernieled Member Posts: 11

Hi Alexia,

Unless I'm missing something here, when you add a receipt, you can select a category and an account, but you can't link it to a specific transaction. Given that Wave very impressively works out a lot about the receipt, even from an image, shouldn't it also be able to link to a matching transaction or at least let you specify one? That would be awesome.

Regards,

Bernie.

Hi, @bernieled.

When you create a receipt, it immediately creates a transaction. But there is a solution here!

What you can do is select both the transaction from the receipt and the matching transaction uploaded from your bank on the Transactions page, and click the Merge button at the top of the table. This will combine both transactions into one and take care of that duplication, all the while making sure your transaction stays linked to your receipt.

Alexia,

Thanks for the response. That would be kind of cute (if a bit cumbersome), but I don't see a transaction created for the receipt anywhere.

Regards,

Bernie.

Alexia,

Apologies, my bad. That does indeed work as you describe. So pretty cute, but for really awesomeness, matching transactions in the receipt confirmation dialogue would be brilliant. Many thanks for your assistance.

Regards,

Bernie.

Thanks for the feedback, @bernieled! Happy to hear things are working out.