Options

I have NO Payments by Wave Account

TrueFireDesignTrueFireDesign Member Posts: 3

I am trying to following the guidelines here: https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004964423-Bookkeeping-changes-to-Payments-by-Wave

However, it's not working properly as I have NO Payments by Wave account. So, when I get paid through Wave, I have 3 transactions but all three are associated with my Cash on Hand account.

I'm new to accounting for small business so I'm really confused on how to handle this! Please help! I know I can't show income twice and need to know how to fix this. Thank you!

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    JustinAJustinA Member Posts: 37 admin

Hi @TrueFireDesign,

Thanks for getting in touch, great question. Based on what I'm seeing in the sample transactions you provided, my suspicion is that these transactions occurred prior to you being migrated to the new accounting experience?

We've changed the way payment transactions are book kept as you've noticed with the article you linked. The Payments by Wave account is automatically generated the first time you accept a payment on the new platform. To confirm, have you done so yet? If you have and there is no account, please let me know and we will investigate further. If not, the system will automatically create it for you once you accept a payment.

Hopefully this helps clear things up,

• Options

Hi @JustinA - The last time I was paid via Wave was on December 2nd, 2018.

• Options

I paid myself $1 and the Payments by Wave account was created. I was then able to go back through all of my transactions and properly account for them.

To whom it may concern, please update your documentation for your customers who are in the same boat I was in. Thanks!