Trouble Connecting FNB (South Africa) With Wave

byjonobyjono Member Posts: 2

Title really says it all: I can't connect my bank account, and when I try to use the alternative methods it doesn't accept the files (CSV, etc.)

edited February 11, 2019 in Bank Connections

Comments

• CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

@byjono thanks for flagging this! When you attempt to upload a CSV, what issues do you encounter?

• NyamekelaNyamekela Member Posts: 1

Hi, I'm also having issues connecting my FNB account to Wave

• byjonobyjono Member Posts: 2

The system just won't accept the CSV that I get from the FNB site at all. It won't go further than that, and I've tried all of the formats. Available to me from their website.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @Nyamekela . Any specific error messages that you're receiving? Check out this Help Center article which should help you determine where the issue lies. https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003087843-How-do-I-troubleshoot-my-bank-connection-

Hey @byjono . The .csv criteria actually has to be very specific. For example, Wave only accepts 3-4 column .CSVs and they have to be less than 100 lines. Take a look at the article here which breaks down the necessary formatting for this. Additionally if this doesn't work, try using our new Google Sheets integration called Wave Connect which should make it easier to get these transactions into Wave.