Printing Journal Entries

AccountantRFAccountantRF Member Posts: 1

Has anyone figured out how to print journal entries/transactions from Wave. Any accounting system has this basic functionality for record-keeping but I can't seem to find out how to do this in this application!! Any help appreciated.

Comments

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

@AccountantRF There isn't a way to print Journal Transactions and other transactions directly from the page itself, however, if you go to the Account Transactions report in Wave, you can sort by categories (accounts) and export the PDF with any given date range. From there, you would be able to print the information required after the PDF has been exported from that particular report.

• redcarjoeinc1redcarjoeinc1 Member Posts: 1

JamieD, that process does not print the details of the journal entry. It only shows the summary of the Account. :( Need help to print the actual entries to a journal.

• CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Hi @redcarjoeinc1 thank you for following up! As Jamie mentions, there isn't a function to do this, so we're relying on workarounds and recommendations to get you the best approximation of what you need. Since this isn't workable, my only other suggestion might be to print the webpage from your browser when you're viewing this information, or copy-pasting from Wave into another doc.

• annamooreannamoore Member Posts: 2

That is not really a solution. When one applies many invoices to a single payment one needs to be able to print out the summary of that deposit

• virtualworldGlobalvirtualworldGlobal Member Posts: 6

Hi,

To what I can see with Wave Accounting is that it's pretty simple as offered for free and we don't have much of flexibility in accounting terms but It's simplicity at it's best.

However saying this it lacks many basic accounting or printing option too. I have had the privilege of using many Free / Paid Billing and Accounting Software's.

Tally (Paid)
    Adminsoft (Free & Paid)
    Busy Accounting (Free & Paid)
    Manager (Free & Paid)

One thing I don't know about - Do you also offer a desktop version ?

However for someone with basic knowledge of and book keeping it's a wonderful software to work with. Great effort by the team - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wave_Financial

Thank you for all help and support :)

--
    Regards,
    virtualworldGlobal

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @virtualworldGlobal! Wave is a could based platform so you can use it anywhere online! There is no 'downloadable' desktop version.

• RalphxGlennRalphxGlenn Member Posts: 4

Hi Team.

Just want to inquire on the status of the ability to print journal entries on Waveapps. Thank you.

• NicoletteBNicoletteB Member Posts: 122 ✭✭

@RalphxGlenn no immediate plans to have this feature implemented on Wave yet. We recommend either the Account Transactions workaround @JamieD provided above or creating a screenshot of the JT and then printing that off.

• Charlene_HCharlene_H Member Posts: 8

OMG, i am this close to rage-quitting!!!!!! i just spent TWO DAYS hand-editing 2,316 journal entries and now i can't print the g-d things out?!??? are you kidding me!!!????

for those saying "well, it IS a free service", please compare the amount you invoice to the amount that's deposited in your account. this is definitely not a "free" service and this kindergarten-level of functionality should DEFINITELY be available!

i cannot believe i have to printscreen TWO THOUSAND THREE HUNDRED AND SIXTEEEN journal entries to print them out!

edited June 1, 2021

This is the workaround: Open up your desired range of transactions. Keep hitting "Show more" until they're all open.

Open up Exel - I don't know if this would work the same with other spreadsheet programs - and start a blank worksheet.

Click just in front of the "Date" header in the Transaction listing.

Hold down the shift key, then scroll all the way down to the bottom of the list and click after the last word so that everything is highlighted. Right-click and "copy" or Ctrl-C.

In the blank worksheet, click in the A1 box (or a few rows down to leave room for explanatory headers), then right-click and paste using destination format.

Delete extra blank rows and cells and adjust columns for width.

This is a functional but completely unacceptable workaround for a missing function that should've been a no-brainer.

edited May 15, 2021
  • Josh_UJosh_U Member Posts: 3

Plus 1 for wanting to be able to print journal entries.