Customer Account Numbers

kevinfreelskevinfreels Member Posts: 8

This is very frustrating. Invoices do not have a place to show the customer account number. If I view a customer, it appears in the "More" section but there appears to be no way to add this to the invoices when generated. At least on the recurring billing which is what I use almost exclusively. I've taken to manually adding it behind the customer like this: John Smith Accounting - Acct: 1234567 but that's not a good solution. What's odd is that on a recurring invoice, there IS a field for entering an SO/PO number but these are recurring so there's no need for an SO/PO number. I would really like to see the recurring invoices replace that field with the account number. The field is already in the database. It should be an easy fix.

Comments

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @kevinfreels. Appreciate your feedback here. While there isn't a way to have the customer account number appear directly on the invoice, it is possible for you to add it to the line items that are listed initially (although as you stated, perhaps not ideal). Is it imperative that you have the email address, phone number, and then both lines of the contacted filled in with information that the account number cannot replace? More invoice customization is in the works for the future, but we don't have a set time as to when this feature would be implemented.

• SuperCSuperC Member Posts: 1

Agree with @kevinfreels on this one, it's a very important requirement for invoices to clearly reflect the customer's account number on the document.

• GreatValueWebsitesGreatValueWebsites Member Posts: 5

I absolutely agree with previous comments on this customer account number. We use it to show the month in which our customers' annual website hosting is due and how much that hosting is. I'd therefore like to be able to create a report showing, eg., all account numbers containing SEP-144 which is not currently possible.

• OndemandGroceriesOndemandGroceries Member Posts: 1

I would love is you could add account numbers to the invoices

• BennyLawBennyLaw Member Posts: 3

I am new to Wave Accounting and I am looking for a way to track donations by donor for my church. I am exploring setting up each donor as a customer and using the customer account number to store the donor ID. However, I have not found a way to actually use this ID which is crucial for reliably identifying the donor (I have people in the church that have the same name). I need the Income by Customer report to generate annual receipts, but that report only has customer names but no account numbers. This seems to be a serious fault but should be easy to fix. How do I go about requesting this change?