Options

Small contractor purchases with no receipt or SIN

lzr9000lzr9000 Member Posts: 4

On occasion I will pay a contractor to do a small odd job for me; for example, I recently hired a student to write a simple computer program, and a professional artist to do a custom illustration. Neither one made me an invoice or receipt; I just paid them in full as soon as the job was done. And I don't have SIN numbers, which is required if I want to enter them as contractors (I'm in Canada.)

I'd like to have these purchases down in my books. Seems like receipts would be the best way, except you have to actually upload a photo of something. (I could create a receipt on their behalf and print it, but that seems a little roundabout.) Creating a bill requires a SIN number for contractors, which I don't have, and seems like overkill for a small one-off job.

What's the best way to proceed?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

Hey @lzr9000, in this case I'd just set them up as standard vendors (rather than contractors), and then assigning a bill to them; once you've paid them, you can mark the withdrawal as "payment sent for a Bill in Wave", and it'll be recorded properly!