Duplicate transactions loaded from credit card

CaliGirlCaliGirl Member Posts: 5

I have a chase business card with 4 individual employees accounts. Wave uploads the same random transactions 2-3 times for each of the users. I saw there was an issue with duplicating transactions that was marked resolved in January. Well, it's February 17th and it's still there.

Comments

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @CaliGirl. Could you please confirm the type of transactions that are duplicating across your transactions page? I just thought that I would let you know that the bank connections feature is at the account level, meaning that all of the accounts will appear for each business that's created in Wave. You will need to make sure that you edit the specific bank accounts associated with the connection so they are routing to the correct business in Wave. Let me know about what type of transactions they are and how many.

• CaliGirlCaliGirl Member Posts: 5

Hi, it's mostly regular credit card charge, like a restaurant dinner. I saw the same restaurant charge on three different accounts when it was only on one of them in reality. When I looked at it on chase.com site, it showed under one correct account, I am not sure how I can make sure that the chase bank and Wave synch correctly. It looks like it's a Wave issue, not the chase... That being said, I disabled the accounts and added them back in and now I don't see the duplicate charges. So I am a bit concerned about what has caused the duplications and how to avoid it...When I refresh the accounts, does the system only add delta transactions since the last refresh?

• SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hey @CaliGirl, I'm glad you were able to get rid of the duplication that way (that would have been our next step in troubleshooting). Essentially what can happen on rare occasions is despite the limitation you've placed in Wave (to import one credit card to one Wave account), there is an error between us and our bank data aggregator that pulls that credit card into several accounts in your Wave profile. When it persists, we then need to reach out to our banking data aggregator to remedy the issue.

In terms of refreshing, it will only pull info from the last successful refresh point, so you don't have to worry about the bank import re-adding data you deleted, or duplicating what is already there. The only time it will start pulling from the beginning again is if you entirely delete and re-add the connection, as it won't recognize the data from the previous connection as the same.