Personal - missing useful reports

VladGVladG Member Posts: 4

Hi,

I see that in the Personal section there are no reports for Balance and General Ledger.
Would it be possible to have these accessible in Personal, too ?

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @VladG!

I have good news! There are more reports available (including the general ledger and the balance sheet) on the personal tab on the new version of Wave Accounting than there used to be. Not all of our users have been migrated over to it yet, but we're working hard to bring all of them over as soon as we can.

So in short, hold on tight, it's on the way!

If you do want as deep a personal accounting tool as possible, however, I'd suggest creating a separate business, using your name as the business name and work with that. It'll give you exactly the same tools and options you have to manage your business, including all the reports you need, available immediately.

If you want to learn more about what's in Wave's future, check out this article.

edited February 7, 2018
  • VladGVladG Member Posts: 4

Hi @Alexia,

Thank you for the reply - this sounds promising.

Assuming I'd like to switch from Personal to a separate business, I see a problem in migrating all the accounts and transactions from one section to the other.

Is there any feature that would ease such a migration ?

I know that transactions can be imported from a CSV file - albeit only to a single account and with no category (which must be added manually afterwards).

One solution would be to provide CSV export/import for all transactions.
    ( ie, with information including: date, description, account, category ).

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Bet regards
    Vlad

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @VladG, unfortunately, there's no such feature in Wave. The migration will involve some work on your end.

You could just consider the current balance of your old personal accounts as starting balances for your new personal account and continue from there. I think that might be the simplest way to proceed.