Duplicating transactions

ScoutTreasScoutTreas Member Posts: 7

I messaged earlier saying I had a chunk of transactions (Sep to Dec) missing when I linked to my bank. Then, I tried every single format available to me, to download the missing transactions which apparently didn't work (I left hours sometimes between tries) and then tried again in Firefox, which seems to then work.

hooray.

Then, as I was categorising all the transactions, it seems that NOW those transactions started appearing. Not just a matter of deleting duplicated ones, as it was too hard to go through and work out what was duplicated and what asn't.

SO, I started again, new Wave account, new email.

I connected to the bank, left my laptop open and walked away to let it finish. Now, this time, I'm missing 6 months. I am wondering, if I download the missing transactions manually using CSV format (it seems to work more readily), is there a chance that they will be duplicated when I link to the bank again in the subsequent days/weeks/months?

Comments

• Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

Hey @ScoutTreas as long as you're ensuring that 1) the dates of the transactions in your CSV don't 2) overlap with the dates you've selected for your current bank connection, you should be totally fine :)

edited March 6, 2019