Monthly income/expense report

ShayneShayne Member Posts: 3

On my dashboard there is a cool graph that shows me my monthly income vs expenses and I currently manually input all invoices into a spreadsheet to compare monthly incomes and I was wondering if there was a way to export all my invoices to a csv file or something to help speed up this process?

Comments

• shanhardshanhard Member Posts: 7

You can navigate to the reports section, identify the data/report you need and then export that data as a csv file which you can then import into Excel.

• ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Great suggestions @shanhard! :)

@Shayne You can also export all transactions at once if you need by navigating to Settings > Data Export.

• louis_kreusellouis_kreusel Member Posts: 4

To Shayne's original post - why leave Wave at all for this? I do it too but this seems like something that should be built into Wave. Feature request! A simple report that shows income by month over a date range, with the option of showing individual payments and expenses or not.

edited October 17, 2019
  • EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hey @louis_kreusel! You are correct, if it is something a lot of Wave customers use then it would be great to have it built into Wave! Thanks for actioning this feature idea! While I can't make any promises, I hope it is something that can happen. When you say 'the option of showing individual payments/expenses', would you want the ability to remove these incase they didn't fit the report? Is the report primarily just used for your own business needs?

• louis_kreusellouis_kreusel Member Posts: 4

@EmmaP said:
    Hey @louis_kreusel! You are correct, if it is something a lot of Wave customers use then it would be great to have it built into Wave! Thanks for actioning this feature idea! While I can't make any promises, I hope it is something that can happen. When you say 'the option of showing individual payments/expenses', would you want the ability to remove these incase they didn't fit the report? Is the report primarily just used for your own business needs?

Yes!

• johndoejohndoe Member Posts: 2

I am also looking for this

• mermer Member Posts: 1

I'm also looking for this feature. and actually, the main reason i'm looking for alternative to my accounting system.
    @EmmaP is it schedule to be soon? let say PnL report, which columns by month or quarters to your choice.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @mer

We haven't heard of this coming down the pipeline yet, but the more +1's we get the better! Thanks for your contribution.

• johnsicilijohnsicili Member Posts: 8

Please add this. This is trivial for estimations/forecasting. Any word on the schedule??

• CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi @johnsicili , thanks for your +1 here! This is not currently on the pipeline, but the more +1s we have, the more data we can use when looking for development opportunities. Thanks!

• dprkrdprkr Member Posts: 3

This is a +1 but I just tried Wave Connect with Google Sheets and it looks very cool

edited November 19, 2020
  • BighouseBighouse Member Posts: 1

+1 here too. This one is a no brainer! Thanks.

• dublindublin Member Posts: 2
    +1,000

It's kind of crazy that Wave can't show me a P&L by month. That should be table stakes for an accounting system.
  • mlledwyermlledwyer Member Posts: 3

I just spent a half hour thinking I was just not able to figure it out then finally did a google search and found this thread. 2 years after the initial request it appears this is still not a feature so I'd also like to add a +1 as well.

• TKATKA Member Posts: 1

Please add this feature! The number one feature I've been trying to find in an accounting software is a report that segments out Incomes and Expenses by month and category. I have not been able to find one yet, and it seems like such a simple feature that I can't believe it's been this hard.

• woodcipherwoodcipher Member Posts: 1

+1 Please consider implementing this!