Money Market Dividend Reinvestment

CaryCary Member Posts: 8

I have a brokerage money market account, set up as a checking account in wave. It pays a monthly dividend let's say $10 and the dividend is automatically reinvested in the money market. The $10 is downloaded as two transactions, the dividend and the reinvestment. How do I manage this in wave without recording the income twice? Obviously I can just delete the reinvestment, but is there a better way? Thanks

Comments

• MikegMikeg Member Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

Cary,
    I think you may have to delete the reinvestment. The import of transactions is purely mechanical. So if you brokerage account is posting 2 transactions then Wave will import them both. Your option would be to delete or disconnect the account and do manual import via csv and delete the reinvestment before importing. I think I would just delete the once a month transaction.
    Mike G, CPA
    www.mgfinancial.net
    Better Service - Better Pricing

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @Cary . Some wise words from @Mikeg here. Because the import is completely automated, there's no way to have Wave filter it out automatically. As stated as well, you can always disconnect the account and just manually add / import the transaction when necessary, but this method seems to require a tad more work than deleting.