Uploading banking transactions

jkojko Member Posts: 6

There's a six-month gap in the banking transactions Wave has uploaded. I have tried downloading a qfx file and uploading it to Wave, but Wave gives me an error message saying that it is not recognized as a cvs format. Since it isn't a cvs format, it is a ridiculous message. Others seem to be having a problem with uploading various formats... I'm just looking for a fix, either through downloading the full set of transactions or allowing me to upload a transaction set from my bank. Options?

Comments

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @jko -- Sometimes, certain file formats aren't recognized properly by our uploader (in this case the qfx file you are trying to upload). With that said, we recently launched a new feature called Wave Connect that should help with your particular situation; https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020768272-Wave-Connect-Easily-import-and-export-data-with-Wave-s-Google-Sheets-add-on- This is a Google Sheet add-on that allows you to import/export data directly from your Wave account.

• jkojko Member Posts: 6

That doesn't make sense to me. I have a QFX file, not a csv file, so how does a google sheet help me?

• SophiaSophia Member Posts: 147 ✭✭

hi @jko sorry to hear you're still dealing with this issue. Can you download statements in other formats from your bank? I would recommend getting a CSV if possible and trying Wave Connect as Jamie recommended because it provides a much more substantial level of control.