Please help me get started with services (training) documentation

cpocpo Member Posts: 2

I am new to wave, and I don't even know enough to know how to search for what I am trying to do. Right now, I was just planning to set up wave to track expenses and income associated with training that I provide. Here's the basic rundown:

1. I put on a training course with 10 students.
  2. I already received cash payment for the training from each student.
  3. I incurred certain expenses to hold the training (snacks, venue rental, etc)

Simply, how do a see what my profit/loss of this single training event is?

I've input my expenses by adding receipts.
I see how I can add customers one by one or via import
How do a make a high level "project" or whatever it may be called that can I can tie specific expenses and customers to, and then track their cash payments to me?

thanks in advance for the help getting started! If there is already a specific tutorial out there, a pointer would be great. Again, I don't even know how to search for what I want to do.

Comments

• cpocpo Member Posts: 2

Okay... I think I figured out how I can do this.

1. Create a service that is specific to the training course.
    2. Create an invoice for each student, adding the service to the invoice - mark as paid
    3. Log the expenses / upload receipts
    4. Run the report for the time frame.

That seems to get me pretty close... and exporting the reports to csv allows me to sort and filter the way I need.

Right now the only way I can find to associate expenses to the services is just by using date filters. Is there another way that I am missing?

edited March 4, 2019
  • ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @cpo! It looks like you have really figured things out in regards to tracking your income and expenses! :smile:

In regards to associating expenses to services, this sounds like you are looking for an inventory tracker of sorts. As of right now, we do not have an inventory tracker in the works for our software. This could be something that we implement in the future. With that said, we do have ways that are used for simple inventory tracking; https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/208623546-Simple-inventory-entry-tracking-in-Wave

I hope that helps! :smile: