Options

Standard saved message for emailing invoice

toastytushtoastytush Member Posts: 2

Whenever I send an invoice the message area is blank, I swear at one time there was a way I could save a standard message so I wouldn't have to type "Thank you for your order please look over..." each time a send an invoice. For awhile now this has been showing up blank and I can not find the area where I can save a standard message. Did this function disappear, or was it never there to begin with?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    MikegMikeg Member Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

toastytush,
    I believe if you go to settings/invoice customization then scroll down to invoice settings. Should be a box there for you to type your standard message.
    Mike G, CPA
    www.mgfinancial.net
    Better Service - Better Pricing

• Options
    toastytushtoastytush Member Posts: 2

There is a box for standard memo which prints out on the bottom of your invoice, however I'm looking for somewhere to save the actual email message that is sent. There is one that comes up when I send a receipt but nothing for when sending that invoice.

• Options
    MikegMikeg Member Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

toastytush,
    Misunderstood your question. I think an admin would have to chime in on whether that was something offered before. If you are sending many invoices all together, you could type your message once, then using the Windows copy and paste shortcuts, apply that to each invoice as you process them. Saving you typing the same thing over and over if you are sending a bunch at the same time.
    Mike G, CPA

• Options
    ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @toastytush, @Mikeg you are correct the only information that can be set by default is in Invoice Customization in settings on Wave accounts. There is no way to set a default message in the message box. @Mikeg You're suggestion of copy and pasting the message into the box, is exactly what I would recommend too!

@toastytush We keep this section as un-customizable because generally speaking different customers may need unique messages invoice to invoice.

• Options
    CapnJimCapnJim Member Posts: 3

I'd like to second @toastytush on this -- I would really like to be able to save a standard message for the email of invoices. Same for receipts. All such communication is a critical part of any small business' brand identity and quite unique for each of us. I have standard wording prepared, but it is an unnecessary pain in the &^% to have to open the saved text, highlight it, copy it, and paste it into Wave each time when Wave could easily be saving it as part of my business profile record. I would also like to be able to attach a PDF document, which currently I have to send separately. Yes, I understand that I can download the invoice and attach it to my other T&C email, but that too is an unnecessary pain, IMHO.

Don't get me wrong, I love Wave, but there always room for improvement ;)

• Options
    JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@CapnJim Thanks for leaving your insights for us to consider. We definitely love hearing from our users about opportunities for improvement and definitely hear that you'd like to be able to save your default message. You're right in saying that downloading and attaching the invoice to the T&C email may be tedious. Not sure if you know this already, but you can also generate a share link for the invoice and copy it into your T&C Email. While I acknowledge that this is an additional step, it is likely quicker to do than downloading, saving, and attaching the invoice and still allows for your customers to pay online through Payments by Wave (if you use that feature).

edited June 26, 2019
  • Options
    Sarahp1_VASarahp1_VA Member Posts: 1

I agree with a standard message that is reoccurring but that I can edit IF I need to add extra details. Generally speaking there isn't much to add other than reviewing the invoice and thank you for your business.