Options

Marking Taxes as Remitted - self remitting

keco86keco86 Member Posts: 4

I've used Wave for years and love how the service you provide has grown.
I do not do direct deposit or automatic remittances because it doesn't work for my company which means.... one minor annoyance that continues to make life difficult is an inability to mark my payroll taxes as having been sent. This would be a helpful little visual administrative tool so when I went into my Payroll > Taxes screen I could easily see which remittances have been sent.

Comments

• Options
    keco86keco86 Member Posts: 4

If it could also be tied into the reminder email that is automatically generated that would be great. I realize the system has no way of knowing I've sent my taxes but that reminder email isn't really helpful when I've already done it.

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @keco86 . Glad to hear you've been with us for . few years now and that you appreciate the growth of the company. We've definitely come a long way in just a few years. Thanks for this feedback on payroll taxes, as I can definitely see how this would take one extra kink out of a daily workflow.

• Options
    manningjlmanningjl Member Posts: 1

I need some help with this also. I am just starting with Wave Payroll, but i accidentally marked the first payment as paid, and it is not. I need to see the breakdown of what was "paid" already so i can file manually.

• Options
    JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

@manningjl Our support team will need to unmark that tax as paid so that you can view the status of what's accumulated so far/what has been actually been paid (when it's due, etc). If you could please jump into our live chat (the widget can be found in the bottom left hand corner of your Wave account beside 'Help'). One of our Payroll Operations team members will be able to assist you here (Our chat operates from Monday - Friday 9 AM - 7 PM EST).

• Options
    RobbiePRobbieP Member Posts: 1
    I have a similar issue. Direct Deposit doesn’t work for me either... Can I enter timesheets to track pay for tax purposes ONLY and manually cut checks?
  • Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @RobbieP

You can absolutely use Wave's payroll without direct deposit and cut checks to your staff. This would be the default if you don't fill out the direct deposit application.