Options

PayPal Accounts

Timothy PoplaskiTimothy Poplaski Member Posts: 6

I have a PayPal account for my business and a separate one for myself, personally. (This is allowed by the PayPal terms of use.)

I'm unable to add both.Whichever one I do add automatically becomes "integrated" instead of just a bank account. I don't want to accept payment via my personal account. I just want to track transactions within it. If I was to start another business, it would need it's own PayPal account, that doesn't seem possible within Wave.

Both accounts have credit lines. I'm unable to add the credit lines into Wave. (PayPal Extras Mastercard and PayPal Credit) I actively use PayPal Credit for the business and the Extras Mastercard personally.

I'm hoping that even if there's no current way to address this that it might be addressed in the future.

edited August 29, 2018 in Bank Connections

Comments

• Options
    CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

This occurs because PayPal connections in Wave are limited to one per account at this time.

...however, following up on my comment in your bank connection post, PayPal allows for transaction exports, so you can export a CSV and import it into Wave using the transaction import functionality. You might need to remove a few of the columns from your spreadsheet that include information that Wave doesn't need, but otherwise this is fairly easy to do. As before, please let us know if you have questions!

• Options
    CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

You can also add accounts for each PayPal to your Chart of Accounts and add transactions manually.

• Options
    alohastaralohastar Member Posts: 6

When will waves change this, it is horrible and i really feel we should be warned before taking weeks to set up multiple businesses, i have 2 companies and i also set up my husbands business on my account,(3 total) = 3 different pay pals and only to find i can use one pay pal?? Horrible, me ,my husband and book keeper, weeks into this just now this moment read this, my god, why even set up multi business, that doesn't make sense, when will this be changed?

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @alohastar.

We understand how frustrating it can be to find out that the PayPal integration doesn't work as you expect. We're aware of the issues with that integration and we're working on improvements to what we offer in terms of integrations right now. I can't give you a timeline as to when the PayPal integration will be made better.

For the time being, my recommendation would be the same as Charlotte's in her previous reply. Turning your PayPal statement into a CSV that you can import to Wave takes a bit of copy-pasting, and I'm happy to break the process down in details for you if you'd like my help. I recognize that this isn't an ideal solution, but know that we are working on ways to make Wave better and that we do take your feedback seriously.

• Options
    alohastaralohastar Member Posts: 6

I really hope that you guys fix this because i feel waves can be great for alot of people and enjoy everything else about the program, but this is major.Please keep up updated for the ETA, Thank you for the quick response, it would be nice to if we would pay a monthly fee for phone support.this would help greatly

• Options

Thank you for the feedback, @alohastar!

• Options
    CascadianChoraleCascadianChorale Member Posts: 1

About PayPal integration improvement +1 to alohastar's comment. Wave may have mixed feelings because of your own competing credit-card payment-processing offering. Unless you are pretty sure you're going to win that battle (good luck with your slingshot, David!), Wave should buckle down and make PayPal transaction updates work. Not work-around, just plain work. Intuit and Quicken both have it working right, and if Wave doesn't get there soon, I'll have to end my experiment with your otherwise attractive system and continue on with one of those. Modest fees much better for us than having to hack a solution.

edited August 6, 2018
  • Options

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, @CascadianChorale. I'll be sure to pass them along to our developers.