Options

Receipts not processing, stuck in Android app PROCESSING column

kacitkacit Member Posts: 13

I've recently photographed around maybe 100 receipts (in batches of approx 8-10) using the Android app, but after the first few were processed & uploaded successfully, processing seems to have stopped & I have the majority stuck in the 'PROCESSING' column, displaying 'Unknown Merchant' & 'Uncategorized''.

I was able to manually process just one by itself by opening it up & setting amount, merchant, date etc then saving, but the rest - the bulk of the 100 or so - are just stuck there.

More recent receipts I've captured ARE being processed / uploaded to Wave, but those I mentioned above, which I bulk processed earlier, are still sitting there on my phone app, with status of 'PROCESSING'.

How do I now unblock & clear this backlog? Do I have to now process each receipt individually to get them to all upload?

Thanks in advance for your advice

Comments

• Options

Would anyone from Wave TS be able to help me with this? I still have the problem.
    Thanks

• Options
    Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

Hey @kacit you'll likely need to run through some troubleshooting steps; please note that you'll likely have to re-process the stuck receipts after doing some of the following:

• Try closing and re-launching the app.
    • Log out and back into the app.
    • Check to make sure that you're connected to a cellular data or WiFi network.
    • Ensure that you've turned on permissions from the settings menu of your device.
    • Uninstall and reinstall the app on your device.
    • Restart your device.

If it's still giving you a hard time, please let me know the version of the app you are using, the type of device you are using, and the operating system version.

• Options

Hi Ryan, before uninstalling / reinstalling, will I, when I do this, lose all of the receipts that have already been photographed but not yet uploaded?

• Options

I've just logged out/in and the backlog of 'processing' receipts has cleared! This must be some sort of bug in the app as there's no way all those pending receipts could've processed & uploaded within that instant.

Anyway, all looks fine now,....thanks for your help :)

• Options
    JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @kacit! Thanks for updating us with your specific situation -- if you notice this happening again, please let us know so we can do some further investigating on our side of things.