Options

Setting Up Investment Accounts (Acorns, Digit, etc)

ViolanationViolanation Member Posts: 2

Hello all,

I was wondering what the process would be if I’d like to setup my ETF investment accounts on my wave bookeeping accounts. Basically amounts are debited via my checking account and then ported over to an investment account. Since this isn’t really a withdrawal and more of a deposit into another account, how should i go about allocating this.

For example, my account with DIGIT doen’t Gain interest unlike my acorns and stash accounts. So my digit account is more like another savings account.

However, my acorns and stash accounts do gain interest, but these amounts that are deposited into the investment accounts are taken from my checking account and show up in my transactions logs on wave.

Any help would be very much appreciated :)

Comments

• Options
    Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

Hey @Violanation I think using the transfer tool would be sufficient for accounting for these funds moving between your chequing and investment accounts. If there's something I'm missing here, please don't hesitate to elaborate!

• Options
    ViolanationViolanation Member Posts: 2
    I don’t need to set it up as a transfer. Basically money is debited from my account to external accounts for acorns, etc so it’s not really me losing money. More so putting it somewhere else.

I was wondering if there was a way to set up a category that takes this into account. I want to keep my books balanced so I was just wondering why there isn’t an area that allows you to track where you put money for investing apps and such.
  • Options
    JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

@Violanation. Investment tracking is not something that's currently offered in Wave at the current moment. This could be something that we implement or change in the future, but full transparency -- we don't have any plans to have this added any time soon (or have had any conversations about it either). I would be happy to pass along why you think this would bring value to your experience with Wave and how it could improve the workflow for your business if you would like to share it with me though.

• Options
    scameronscameron Member Posts: 2

I would be interested in this functionality as well. The idea is that the entire portfolio of accounts (bank & investment) would be balanced through Wave. This would make life much easier for me.

• Options
    trevistrevis Member Posts: 1

+1 for Acorns & Robinhood integration

Having the ability to connect to these types of accounts in the 'Personal' area of Wave would really help streamline personal finances.

• Options
    KingKing Member Posts: 5

Please do add Robinhood & similar investment apps!

• Options
    Louise_FerdinandLouise_Ferdinand Member Posts: 3

+1 on this as well.

• Options
    peggphotopeggphoto Member Posts: 3

+1 on investing accounts - Tastyworks

• Options
    Brown_BearBrown_Bear Member Posts: 2
    +1 on adding investment accounts
  • Options
    LukeVanderlindenLukeVanderlinden Member Posts: 1

+1 on integrating investment accounts

Currently it's letting me add Robinhood as an additional checking account, since I do have a cash account set up with them. But it's not functioning as an investment account which is what the other users on here are requesting. It's kind of wonky right now. So I'll probably just manually update my balances every so often so that it accurately reflects my total assets.