Getting reports on separate accounts

rationalanimalrationalanimal Member Posts: 2

I have 3 accounts. In the Chart of Accounts they are all under the Cash and Bank heading. Each of those accounts represents a separate rental property. I've been scanning receipts, sorting them into the individual accounts (properties), and giving them different categories that my CPA can use for taxes. What I want to do is create a profit and loss statement for individual accounts, or short of that, to be able to print or export individual accounts with all the data intact (description, category, total, etc). When I try to run a profit and loss report, there is no filter so it only provides the profit and loss for the combined accounts. A filter here would be REALLY useful! If I go to Reports-->Account Transactions (General Ledger), I can isolate the year, the account, and see all of the transactions but I loose the categories. The categories are essential to the CPA. Any suggestions?

Comments

• MikegMikeg Member Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

rationalanimal,
    Unfortunately if I am interpreting your post above correctly, each rental property has it's own cash account. However, they are all included in the same accounting profile. Meaning they are all shown on the same balance sheet. Wave does not support sub accounts and I don't know a way that you could generate a report that would show each property. My suggestion. It is very easy to see on the transaction register the activity isolated by bank account. I would go back to my chart of accounts and set up a separate expense for each one. For example, Repairs - Property A, Repairs - Property B so forth. Go back to transactions and isolate each account one at a time and re-code that particular account to appropriate expense based on assigned property name in your expenses. I would also suggest that starting in 2019 you set up a separate company within your profile for each property.
    Hope that helps
    Mike G, CPA
    www.mgfinancial.net