Delete Transactions and reimport bank data to start afresh

Ian_BondIan_Bond Member Posts: 17

I've delete a couple of what looked like duplicate funds transfers from one account to the other and now I've knocked it all out of whack with the amounts in each account wrong, when i add the money back in the funds are taken from the backup account which makes the disparity even worse! . the system isn't live yet and I've just added some invoices from my current setup as a test until I make the switch on the 1st april so can i just delete all these transactions and reimport them from the bank again so i can make things balance up? I'm not expert at this accounting stuff....

Thank you, Ian

Comments

• Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

Hey @Ian_Bond hard to say exactly what to do since I can't see your account directly, although it might be worth treating this current business in Wave as a test business of sorts, and then just creating a new business profile within Wave by clicking your business name in the top left corner > Create a new business; that way, you can have a fresh start.

For what it's worth, I'm only really advising this because you're 1) contemplating deleting everything and starting fresh anyhow, and 2) you alluded to this not being live yet, so this is purely the path of least resistance. If that doesn't really work for you, let us know!

• Ian_BondIan_Bond Member Posts: 17

I removed all the transactions and reimported my bank statement back in via CSV. was easier and made everything reconcile properly. thanks for the input though