Change order of transactions

Ian_BondIan_Bond Member Posts: 17

Hi, I'm trying to reconcile my accounts and the order they appear in wave is different to how they appear on my bank statement which is making my life hell trying to find where the discrepency is. is there a way to change the order of the transactions so i can match them up to my bank statement?

Comments

• SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hey @Ian_Bond - unfortunately not at the moment. It is possible to sort them from oldest to newest and vice versa, and to apply filters, but there is no option to sort or change transactional orders otherwise. My apologies about this limitation!

• Ian_BondIan_Bond Member Posts: 17

it would be good to have for sure! shouldn't be hard to implement on a web based interface?

• MikegMikeg Member Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

Ian_Bond,
    You could export to a csv file and then sort from there. They should be relatively close as the transactions appear in chronological order. Now some banks don't have their statement that way. I've seen some split deposits, checks, and electronic transactions into separate sections.
    Mike G, CPA

• Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

@Ian_Bond just as a heads up/bit of a teaser, we're working on some refinements for the reconciliation tool in Wave, and being able to move transactions around to reflect your statement is (last time I saw design mocks, at least) going to be possible! :smile:

> @Mikeg said:
    > Ian_Bond,
    > You could export to a csv file and then sort from there. They should be relatively close as the transactions appear in chronological order. Now some banks don't have their statement that way. I've seen some split deposits, checks, and electronic transactions into separate sections.
    > Mike G, CPA

They are in chronological order, but the transactions in each day are often jumbled up, so the balances don't match up as you work down the statement to reconcile,
    > @Ryan_W said:
    > @Ian_Bond just as a heads up/bit of a teaser, we're working on some refinements for the reconciliation tool in Wave, and being able to move transactions around to reflect your statement is (last time I saw design mocks, at least) going to be possible! :smile:

Excellent, that would be great and make life much easier!
  • kinofistkinofist Member Posts: 6

I also had reconciliation issues for certain months due to the order of transactions. The problem is the difference between the transaction date and the POSTING date. If you adjust the date to posting then usually that will fix the order and reconcile properly.

• AslamNAslamN Member Posts: 3

Did this feature to be able to manually change the order of transactions ever get released? I've got this same issue. I have multiple transactions on the same day and the order in Wave is not the same as the order on my bank statement. That means that the balance is off until I get to the bottom of the page/end of that day. It would be nice to be able to manually re-order Wave to get them to match.

It looks like it was over a year ago that @Ryan_W said this was in the works. It would be great to get an update on whether this launched on not.

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hello @AslamN !

In Wave, there is no way to change this at this time as your transactions appear chronologically. As Sam mentioned earlier, you can sort them from oldest to newest and vice versa or apply filters but we don't offer a functionality to change the order in which your transactions are displayed. Sorry about this.

• MoshellMoshell Member Posts: 5

Are you using the "match" function on the far right of the reconciliation page? I go through my bank statement and when I find the transaction in Wave I simply click the "match" check mark and mark it off on my bank statement. Eventually you end of with unmarked transactions either in Wave or on your bank statement. Helps me identify duplicate expenses that are imported by the bank once cleared and posted via the receipt capture function. I then merge them accordingly.