Adding Accountant as a user

emily_temily_t Member Posts: 3

Hi everyone, I'm new to Wave after ditching Quickbooks. My accountant is very familiar with Quickbooks. I added my accountant as an editor on my account, and he was able to create a profile. However, he says he cannot see my data in the Reports area. Has anyone successfully collaborated with an Accountant and can give me some info about what an added user's dashboard looks like and where he can access my amounts? Thank you!

edited March 24, 2019 in Accounting Technical Support

Comments

• MikegMikeg Member Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

emily_t,
    Not sure why he can't see data in the reports. Maybe not using correct filters i.e 2018 Income Statement. I'm a CPA and have clients where I have either editor or admin rights. The user dashboard from the editor side does not look much different than the owner's view. The only thing I can't see are connected accounts like cash balance or credit card balance.
    Mike G, CPA
    www.mgfinancial.net

• emily_temily_t Member Posts: 3

Thanks, Mike

• MikegMikeg Member Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

emily_t,
    No problem. Hope you have it resolved. If not, if you want you can add mike@mgfinancial.net as a viewer and I can let you know whether or not I can see anything.
    Mike G, CPA
    www.mgfinancial.net

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @emily_t . Just to echo what Mike G is saying here, a guest collaborator should be able to view the Reports page as well as the dashboard. The only thing they they won't be able to view is your actual Bank Connections page or the dashboard Bank Connections. Is there any chance that your accountant has created his own account instead of accepting your invitation, and is maybe looking in the wrong business / profile?