Accepting and Acknowledging Donations - Non-profit question

safe2hopesafe2hope Member Posts: 0

New to Wave and was wondering if there is a way to set up receipts from the WordPress Give plug in and instead of sending an invoice, send a receipt of acknowledgement. Any other non-profits out there using Wave?

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @safe2hope.

There isn't a way to receive payments in that way right now. However, we are working on Wave Checkout, which will allow you to do just that. You can read more about it here.

I don't have a timeline to give for its launch as of now, but keep an eye out, our engineers are hard at work.

• alecalec Member Posts: 2

I would like this too. In fact, I would like to be able to customise more than one invoice. The Not-for-profit I put on wave would benefit from this, greatly.

I have a client who I set up on wave, but he stopped using the invoice feature because he uses it for two very different businesses he operates: A high end, custom travel experience for people outside of BC, and the other business involves connecting companies with government to make deals happen that benefit both parties.

Custom invoices and receipts - are they on the radar? Wouldn't a "plug - in" or "add on" be lovely? You'd open wave up to a whole community that will turn into merchant fees for you!

Hi @alec.

Although you can only have one invoice template for your business, you can have multiple businesses under one Wave account. Since your client is essentially running two separate businesses, they would be better off treating those businesses separately.

There are currently no plans for such a feature, but if you'd like to start a new thread to discuss it, we'd be more than happy to hear you out!

• CambridgeMakersCambridgeMakers Member Posts: 7

Hello,
    We have a similar situation, we have one umbrella business for accounting purposes but would like to be able to view two different sections of our business separately (for management accounts). Is there a way of having management divisions?
    Many thanks,

Hi, @CambridgeMakers.

No, there's currently no way to do this in Wave. Your two businesses would either have to be considered one and the same, or two entirely separate businesses. If you are invoicing under different brands, your only option with Wave is to consider them separate businesses.

• CambridgeMakersCambridgeMakers Member Posts: 7

Ok, thanks for the response.

• dr_morris3dr_morris3 Member Posts: 1

how do i manually enter customer donations? And how do I track those payments? It's for a church.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @dr_morris3 . You can add a new income account for donations in your Chart of Accounts (Accounting > Chart of Accounts) and add any income there (Accounting > Transactions > Add income).