Options

PayPal not showing in connected bank accounts

thewizleonthewizleon Member Posts: 6

Apologies if this has been asked and answered:
Im a new user and have tried to link my business PayPal but it doesn't show in the linked bank accounts. Not quiet understanding this, I therefore tried to link the account again which still doesn't show them in the linked accounts, however the PayPal account does show elsewhere and the transactions are showing - however, I now have the same PayPal account linked twice and I can't figure out how to remove one of them. I would advise that this is the same account, not two different paypal accounts.
Also, when will the system show PayPal accounts in the bank account connections Window?

Comments

• Options
    tylertervoorentylertervooren Member Posts: 5

You cannot view PayPal in the list of "bank accounts and credit cards" on the dashboard, though that would be extremely helpful.

It is also not technically considered a "connected account." It's an integration. A completely broken one, but an integration nonetheless. You can view the connection status by clicking "integrations at the bottom of the sidebar.

Sounds like you may need to delete one of the paypal accounts from your Chart of Accounts. You can find that in the submenu under "Accounting" in the sidebar.

Honestly, I would not use the PayPal integration at all. It's been broken for years. I don't know what they've done to try to fix it, but considering the engineering capabilities of the company, I have to guess they simply refuse to put resources into fixing or improving it.

They openly admit it's broken and apologize about it, but they don't seem to do anything to try to actually fix it.

Sorry for the bad news!

• Options
    thewizleonthewizleon Member Posts: 6

Hi and thanks for your reply. I think ill just remove it and record the transactions manually. The only thing which I'm concerned of is:
    I sell something on eBay and PayPal handles the financials for this. This PayPal account is linked to my business account that is setup in Wave. I'm worried about recording a sale manually, then my business account reflecting the PayPal transaction and me affectively recording it twice? Is that how it works or am I reading too much into this - thanks for your help, its very much appreciated

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @thewizleon . This really depends on your workflow. I'd suggest that if money hits your PayPal account but is then moved to your business bank account, you can follow our creating a transfer article where you can link the movement of the money from one account to another. If the money is sent directly to your business bank account without touching any other accounts, there's no need to record these transactions as they're being recorded already.

• Options
    JackopoamJackopoam Member Posts: 1

This really depends on your workflow. I'd suggest that if money hits your PayPal account but is then moved to your business bank account, you can follow our creating a transfer article where you can link the movement of the money from one account to another. If the money is sent directly to your business bank account without touching any other accounts, there's no need to record these transactions as they're being recorded already.

edited February 18, 2021