Options

Receipts app keep being offline / irresponsive / doesn't sync with desktop

prmsssprmsss Member Posts: 13

Since a few weeks since the last update (3.7.9) there are lots of different issues with the receipts app, none of which occurred before.

• App is often "stuck", not responding at times when you're trying to switch between tabs
  • App has the message "Offline" stuck at the top, almost always – even when there is a good wifi connection.
  • Uploading of receipts works though, which would of course not be possible if it was really offline.
  • However, automatic processing is disabled and you can't change capture details settings (because app thinks it's offline)
  • Logging out / in or even reinstalling doesn't resolve the issues above.
  • Moreover logging out and in again on the app empties out the whole app and removes all previously uploaded receipts. It also doesn't sync back with the desktop version. So there are no receipts anymore visible in the mobile app – not even in "Done". Result: can't even search or edit old receipts in the app anymore (that are visible in the desktop version).

Note: I've been using the app for at least a year now; the last version I used without all the issues above was 3.7.7,

Comments

• Options
    anitaganitag Member Posts: 3

Hi,
    I have the same problem!
    Also, the receipts are out of order - when you click on a receipt under "Ready", it actually shows the previous receipt uploaded. Disaster.

Can you help?

@prmsss said:
    Since a few weeks since the last update (3.7.9) there are lots of different issues with the receipts app, none of which occurred before.

• App is often "stuck", not responding at times when you're trying to switch between tabs
    • App has the message "Offline" stuck at the top, almost always – even when there is a good wifi connection.
    • Uploading of receipts works though, which would of course not be possible if it was really offline.
    • However, automatic processing is disabled and you can't change capture details settings (because app thinks it's offline)
      Note: I've been using the app for at least a year now; the last version I used without all the issues above was 3.7.7,
  • Options
    CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

@prmsss @anitag thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. I apologize for any interruptions to your work. Our team has received your information and we are investigating. We'll let you know as soon as we have more information. In the meantime, you can also access receipts in the web version of Wave, under the purchases tab. If I can assist with anything else in the meantime, please don't hesitate to let me know.

• Options
    @Charlotte yeah but not really. As I told you above: there's no search functionality available in receipts on desktop.
    Besides: It's quite cumbersome to search and transfer all your photos of receipts from your photo to your desktop to process them, instead of just snapping them on-the-go.
  • Options

@Charlotte thanks for your reply.
    I would like to know if I should wait for this to be fixed - (are we talking days or weeks?), or if I need to change to a different program. I absolutely cannot manage without OCR anymore!
    Thanks again.

(I am based in France, all my receipts are in french language and OCR has worked perfectly for the last few years.)

edited April 12, 2019
  • Options

Thanks, the app is working for me!
    However, my bank account still won't update "There is a technical issue between Wave and your bank."
    Thanks again.

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @anitag . Thanks for the update on this! If you're having bank connection issues, feel free to reach out in our dedicated forum page here.

• Options

Not for me. Same issues persist as reported in my original post. is there actually work being done on this, @alexlewiszarkos ? or is there a way i can roll back two versions so i can use the app normally again?

• Options
    CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

@prmsss thank you for letting us know. Since you're already corresponding with a colleague, we'll continue to update you on the issue status via email.

This discussion has been closed.