Options

Manually entering credit card information

Acumen3Acumen3 Member Posts: 3

I'm an international user (there's no option to link my bank account to Wave), with not much accounting experience.

I'm trying to find out how to enter my credit card information in Wave Accounting.

I created an account for my Cash Back Credit Card under "Liabilities and Credit Cards".

What I'd like to know is what is the best approach to manually enter:

1. My 'current balance'
  2. My 'available limit'
  3. Credit limit
  4. Purchase Interest
  5. Late Fees

Would be greatly appreciated if someone could provide a step-by-step process on how to enter these details. :)

Comments

• Options
    MikegMikeg Member Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

Acumen3,
    You would be able to upload via the transactions page the credit transactions by uploading a bank statement. You would log in to your credit card and download the appropriate date range. Wave can recognize several formats. You would then upload and choose the liability you created as the payment account. Once transactions have been imported, you can classify the expenses. Apply and payments from your business account by doing a transfer to bank and select credit card.
    Wave will keep a running balance and when done correctly should agree to your credit card statement. However, Wave will not be able to tell you items 2 and 3 from your list.
    Mike G, CPA
    www.mgfinancial.net

• Options

Thanks Mikeg for the swift assistance!!!

Uploading my bank statement doesn't work, Hence the reason why I'd like to enter it manually. Is there anyway to do this?

• Options

Acumen3,
    Hmm... That does not sound right that you can't upload a bank statement. Are you able to download the transactions from the credit card into a CSV file?

• Options

Mikeg,

Yup I've download the CSV file, but it doesn't allow me to upload it. I followed all the directions in the troubleshooting help page, still no success

• Options

So you're going to the accounting/transactions page/more/upload bank statement?

edited April 8, 2019