Stripe invoice payment and actual bank transaction

Celtic_Storm36Celtic_Storm36 Member Posts: 2

Hi ive just started taking Stripe payments through Wave for invoices. Now i have the actual invoice amount plus the fee for it transactions then i also have the amount that came in to my bank account. My books wont balance if i leave the Stripe invoice payment amount on there, but if i delete it will it dissapear from the invoice. Could anyone advice?

Comments

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @Celtic_Storm36 ! In this particular situation, the accounting is still handled the same as every other invoice payment transaction. You will want to make sure that when recording the invoices as paid, it's associated with a money in transit account (example; Payments by Wave). Once you received the deposit for the invoice, all you will need to do is make sure that you categorize it as a 'transfer from money in transit account (the Payments by Wave account) -- this will properly balance out your books. I do feel as though this help centre article should provide more insight; https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004964423-Bookkeeping-changes-to-Payments-by-Wave