Ear Mark Funds while keeping actual bank transactions correct

ConvincentConvincent Member Posts: 2

I want to mark funds each month for taxes, equipment etc but I dont want to have to setup actual accounts and move the money.
I've tried setting up a 'TAX Savings" account in the chart of accounts then using a journal transaction to move funds to it from my general bank account - that all works fine. However, now the general bank account's value in wave will not reconcile with what I have in the bank.
So how can I mark funds without moving them to a different bank account?

Comments

• ConvincentConvincent Member Posts: 2

The ideal method would be to create sub accounts so that all the funds in the sub account were also funds in the parent account. A journal entry could still be used to transfer the funds from the parent to the sub account.

->Real bank account:
    -----> Sub Account - Marked for Taxes
    -----> Sub Account - Marked for Tools
    -----> Sub Account - Christmas Party.

edited April 12, 2019
  • JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @Convincent. As of right now, this is not something that's entirely possible in Wave (essentially tracking funds for specific items). Potentially, we could have something along the lines of a budgeting tool in the future, but we don't have any immediate plans in doing so, you can only move money from one account to the other to show that these account might have a balance associated with them (in Wave).