Invoices Marked As Paid Change To Outstanding When Marked As Reviewed?

clanculariusclancularius Member Posts: 6

I've been doing a bit of catchup every night and went to Accounting > Transactions and adjusted some transactions for category and tax including invoices issued that I've marked as paid. Each of those paid invoices reverted to unpaid. I don't know why or what to do about it.

Comments

• Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

Hey @clancularius out of curiosity, when you're editing these transactions, do you ever change the categories from something like "payment received for an invoice in Wave" to another type of category? If so, this'll disconnect the income transaction from the invoice you initially recorded it on, converting the invoice to being unpaid. As you're editing these transactions next time, just be sure to check whether or not the income transactions you're editing were created by recording an invoice payment; if they were, leave them be/categorize accordingly and you'll be good to go!

• WaveappsUserXWaveappsUserX Member Posts: 5

With regard to the comments above....
    Not able to change the category on the Income received via Invoice payment is very limiting. Such categorization is very helpful to know for income breakdown against product sales, shipping charges etc.
    Couldn't waveapps use some other way to track payment association with the invoice, instead of using the category?
    Thank you.

• Roberg_72Roberg_72 Member Posts: 6

Im having sort of the same issue.. I went in to Account Reconciliation and deleted invoices that were paid to get my bank and wave balances to match. I then find them under "Invoices" saying they're unpaid. So then if I go back and record payment they appear on the Reconciliation again. Its like groundhogs day or a one legged man in an ass kicking contest. How do I prevent them from showing up in reconciliation but remain paid?

• WaveappsUserXWaveappsUserX Member Posts: 5

@roberg_72
    What I realized is that the payments are already assigned to right Income accounts based on the Invoiced Items for which the payment was made (as Items are already linked to Income accounts).
    So, in Account Transactions view, if I leave the default category (invoce-01* etc.) as is, I am still able to see the $ against the correct Income accounts.