Invoicing and Business envelopes

cp_bbergscp_bbergs Member Posts: 1

How do I make the billing address fit into the window of a Business envelope? Most of my customers have email but some still need printed invoices mailed out.

Comments

• ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @cp_bbergs, once an invoice is has been downloaded as a PDF, you should be able to slip it in an envelope with the window on the left hand side to allow the address to be seen through it. If the address is not fitting in the window, the size of the font may be an issue, in which case you should be able to adjust that in the settings on your computer before you send print the PDF. I hope this helps :smile:

• HighPerComHighPerCom Member Posts: 6

Hi! Could someone tell me if this is the correct envelope to use with the printed invoices before I buy some or is there a different layout I should look for? Thanks!

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @HighPerCom! I think that comes down to your preference! I'd say maybe before buying them in bulk, you could purchase a smaller amount to do some testing with in Wave.

• HighPerComHighPerCom Member Posts: 6

Took your advice and it's certainly not down to my preference. I've tried several brands of slightly different styles. One thing I noticed is there is a common style of two windows on the left side. The top window is slightly shorter in length but also slight taller than the bottom window. These are what I feel should work since they are most common in stores, online, and many companies I get bills from send them this way as well. PayPal for example. However, no matter what I've tried I can't get things to line up without doing some very odd and special folding of the Invoice before putting it in the Envelope. Its so close to lining up with two simple folds.. but both the logo (with an address that I made special for this) and the customer name and address are cut off. There is to large of a margin at the top of the Invoice and to much space between the logo (company address) and the customer address.

Is there any way to adjust this? Does anyone have any advice? I'd love this to work since it would save me a ton of time! Can't believe I'm saying it.. but I might have to look into an alternative if there's no way for me to do this with Wave :'(

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

@HighPerCom, I'm sorry this has been such a trial for you! Unfortunately, there is no way to adjust this within Wave at present. I'm really sorry if this is what pushes you to use another accounting platform!

• JessiGJessiG Member Posts: 1

Definitely need more customization on the invoice side. Either that or have the option to be able to print envelopes for customers when you create the invoice. I live in a rural area and most of my clients are older and still pay via checks or cash most of the time.

option for a tear-off bill pay stub at the bottom would be nice too.

edited July 1, 2020