Why is it that the category for a bill payment is always "Payment to..."?

tomorrowtomorrow Member Posts: 4

If I try to change it to "Professional Fees" it becomes detached from the bill, making it UNPAID. But with this system I have no way of categorising expenses attached to a bill in any useful way...

Comments

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @tomorrow. When you actually create the bill in Wave, you can choose and select which expense category each line item should be associated with. Once that expense category is selected and the bill is marked as paid -- that total amount will be associated with the category that you had select in the reports section. The categorization on the transactions page signifies that you've associated with the bill with the actual transaction itself.

• tomorrowtomorrow Member Posts: 4

Right, that's what confused me, that the categorisation on the transactions page was different from the Expense Category as in your screenshot.

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

@tomorrow Fair enough, definitely something for us to consider so there is less confusion in terms of how things are being categorized (or displayed, rather) on the transactions page itself. Appreciate the feedback that you've given us here.