Getting Invoices in AR

Jacinto_ChoJacinto_Cho Member Posts: 16

Hello, i have some invoices from 2018. I am starting 2019 with Wave. I need to register a collection I made from a customer. I have not record the AR because I want to record them as 2018. I dont want to upload all the invoices from 2018 just 4 that are still pending from collecting. How do I create invoices from previous year and does nt generate more income. I mean last year 2018 i am only bringing the net profit not all the P&L.

Comments

• CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Hello again! Wave does not lock previous years, so you have the ability to create and backdate invoices, so they correctly reflect the date they were issued. Or am I misunderstanding? If you can walk us through an example, I'm sure we'll be able to sort it out.

• Jacinto_ChoJacinto_Cho Member Posts: 16

I need to have the invoices as receivables.
    I am starting this 2019 en Wave.
    The invoices were issued in the other software in 2018.
    I am starting initial balance with info 31 Dec 2018. I am recording P&L 2018
    So if I record the invoices with date 2018, If I issue a report they will appear in P&L 2018 alone, without all other invoices that were paid and no expenses and in 2019, the retained earnings are going to be overestimated

Kind regards

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @Jacinto_Cho. As Charlotte had mentioned above, you should be able to create an invoice and date it for 2018 so that it shows in your accounts receivable for the year 2018 (in the profits & loss). I guess I'm just asking for a bit of further clarification here -- are you wanting these invoice payments to show in 2018 or 2019 for your reporting?