Bank account balance appearing on dash board but transactions are not showing in transactions

accounting4meaccounting4me Member Posts: 26

Hi there.
I have recently transferred two payments from my PayPal account into my business savings bank account.
Both accounts are linked in wave. I wanted to try and connect the transaction as a transfer (still trying to figure out how) but I notices that my business savings account transactions are not appearing on the transactions page. when I click on the all accounts drop down box it also has the old balance, not the new one.
Its strange because the dash board balance with my bank balance is accurate but for some reason its not showing in the transactions.

Im new here so I'm still learning the ropes. Can someone please give me a hand with this

Comments

• FelipePontesFelipePontes Member Posts: 1

Same thing is happening to me. Please help.

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @accounting4me. Just thought I would confirm with you here -- have you noticed that any transactions are importing successfully into the Wave for the savings account? If not, you may need to do a bit of troubleshooting for your bank connection to see if you can get the connection working properly; https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003087843-How-do-I-troubleshoot-my-bank-connection-

@FelipePontes Could you confirm exactly what's happening in your account here? I would be more than happy to help out.. just need a bit of further detail.

• accounting4meaccounting4me Member Posts: 26

Hi there, thanks for your reply.
    The last transaction I made through my business saving account was two transactions last year in October 2018. Those two transactions appear on the transactions page but my recent transactions are not showing..

When I logged into wave this morning one of my recent transactions has popped up but not the others. But something new has happened, when I go to the dashboard it now say below my business account balance that "there is an error with your connection" in red writing
    The help icon stes this when I click on it:
    "We've been unable to update your bank info within the allotted time frame. Please try again, and if the problem persists visit our help center to investigate."

Update: I clicked the update now button and the error message went away but my transactions are still missing on the transactions page.

edited April 29, 2019
  • ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @accounting4me, I am sorry to hear that you're missing some transactions. Can you tell me which bank the account is from? I can see if there any errors with that connection

If the browser troubleshooting steps that Jamie sent you are not changing things, I would recommend thinking about importing your bank transactions directly into your account which this help centre article explains.

• VickiFosterVickiFoster Member Posts: 1

The same is happening to me. Transactions from various months are missing after I ran a manual connection to my bank account. I'm hoping it corrects itself over night.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @VickiFoster . Just to confirm, do you mean after connecting your bank account to import transactions? Is there a certain time period where you're missing transactions (before or after a certain date), or are there just random transactions missing from the total mix of them?

• noahfnoahf Member Posts: 2

It seems looking at the past 2 weeks of comments here this is a fairly large issue.

I've used Wave without issue for a few years, now suddenly for about 3-4 weeks no transactions have been importing.

I've talked to support. They said they manually pinged the refresh, but still nothing.

When we will have a fix? I"m with BMO in Canada.

• SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hey @noahf - this has been an ongoing issue with BMO in Canada, and my apologies about the situation because it is definitely a frustrating one.

According to our banking data aggregator, there is a tentative ETA of May 31st. Given the complexity of bank connection issues, these ETAs are sometimes pushed back as required, but stay tuned for updates, and hopefully transactions will start flowing in again as of Friday.

• noahfnoahf Member Posts: 2

Thanks. Is there any tool to search wave for duplicate transactions?

To add to my BMO issues, it randomly imported from transactions from accounts that are part of the bank account, but have never been turned on or connected....

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @noahf . There's no tool to search Wave for duplicates although I'd recommend going date by date as if you have duplicates that were imported, they'd be listed with the same date.

Just to get a further understanding, it imported transactions from other bank accounts associated under the same login? AKA they appear in Wave, but haven't been actually turned on or connected?