HSBC account stopped working/no longer supported?

paddyhazardpaddyhazard Member Posts: 4

Hi, I recently changed my business bank account from Bankwest to HSBC (Australia). It seemed to connect fine but recently it just stopped connecting. I've tried all the steps and reconnecting the whole account but wave just says the bank account is not supported (but I can upload statements manually, how helpful, I might start casting my own bronze tools too).

Obviously I've not got any response to my support query so does anyone on here have this problem or managed to fix it? Has anyone else got a working HSBC (Australian) account importing?

Comments

• Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

@paddyhazard I just checked in with our data provider, and I can confirm that the HSBC bank connection is indeed currently experiencing an outage; this is usually a result of changes on their site that our data provider has to then respond to accordingly. I can see that they're working on restoring it, although for now it won't be available. I recommend uploading statements as needed for now, and checking in on the connection in the next week or so.

• MickCMickC Member Posts: 1

Hi - any update? Same issue for HSBC Australia personal - worked for years until earlier this year.
    Thanks.

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @MickC. It looks like our 3rd party data collector is still reporting issues of HSBC Australia being down at the moment I'm afraid. They haven't provided an ETA for us (for resolution), so in the meantime, you will want to make sure that you are upload your bank statements manually through our CSV uploader, or through Wave Connect: https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020768272-Wave-Connect-Easily-import-and-export-data-with-Wave-s-Google-Sheets-add-on-