Options

Receipts app not able to process photos

thejadelithejadeli Member Posts: 1

Hello, whenever I take pictures with my phone of receipts, the app does not recognise the merchant or the amount paid anymore. I tried deleting and reinstalling the app but it's still the same.

Comments

• Options
    Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

@thejadeli this is likely because these setting for OCR (Optical Character Recognition) are turned off for your account.

To update your upload preferences on the web, go to Settings > Receipts.

In the receipts app on your mobile device, update your upload preferences by tapping the settings gear, and then toggling Capture Details on or off. If that doesn't make things right, let us know!

• Options
    TegwaanTegwaan Member Posts: 6

Hi @Ryan_W & co
    I had the same problem and indeed the setting was off. Duh (although I don't remember ever turning it off).
    Now I switched it to on but nothing is happening with the approx 100 receipts that I had uploaded before. Is that because they are already in the "ready" box? How can I kick-start the OCR now?
    Thanks!

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

@Tegwaan Hey there,

So unfortunately now that this setting has been turned on it cannot retroactively read your receipts in a ready state. Only ones that are uploaded in the future will have the option for OCR to be read.

• Options
    gadgetoflifegadgetoflife Member Posts: 1

hi, my app can't upload anything and keep "processing". I turned on all the " Capture details automatically" in both web and app. Pls help.

• Options
    TegwaanTegwaan Member Posts: 6
    @Barsin Ok cool, thanks.
    Now, any way I can bulk delete these "blank" receipt imports? As far as I can tell I can only delete one by one.
    Thanks again
  • Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @gadgetoflife . Typically for these kinds of issues we recommend that you delete your app and reinstall it to ensure that you have the latest update. If that doesn't work, please sign out of both the app and the online platform and sign back in to both to ensure they are properly sync'd.

Hey @Tegwaan . You will have to go in and delete these individually.