work order and scheduling

cslade9871cslade9871 Member Posts: 2

is there away to may a work order and schedule jobs or is there another program that works with wave to allow this ?
i work in a repair field and need to be able to make a work order and schedule work to be done and than go from work order to invoice

Comments

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @cslade9871 . Wave doesn't currently support work orders. I know the needs of what's contained in a work order can vary, but we do have an estimate product where you can create the basis of your invoice before actually converting it over into one. This doesn't contain any sort of scheduling so you would need to add this is manually.

I would love to hear what your work flow is though and how a work order would benefit your business on a daily basis.

edited May 13, 2019
  • cslade9871cslade9871 Member Posts: 2

@alexlewiszarkos . generally a customer will call and i will write a work order and schedule repair then after looking at the unit ,i would either write and estimate of just fix it off the work order then i would enter all the parts and repairs and turn the work order into a invoice to bill customer .
    so work order to estimate back to work order if approved than to invoice or
    work order to invoice

• ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @cslade9871 , thanks for getting back to us with your workflow! This kind of context is really beneficial to our Product Team when they consider what's on the road map for Wave.

• BwanapBwanap Member Posts: 7

I agree wholeheartedly on adding work order functionality. Even accessing the estimates from mobile app would be a start. I am a handyman and my work flow is similar to cslade. I have one guy who works with me and mostly I schedule work directly and then generate an invoice from an email summary he sends me. Sometimes I send a client an estimate, but I rarely convert that directly to an invoice, usually I duplicate an invoice for existing customers.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

@Bwanap Thanks for offering your feedback on this! Nice to hear your exact workflow and how this would help.

• ShinemanShineman Member Posts: 3

I would also befit from having work orders as well. I am also a handyman service, as well as a delivery company. It would be nice to see work orders that include a statement of satisfaction to be signed by the customer/

• AmatinoAmatino Member Posts: 5

I'm also in the work orders camp. We service sewing machines and it would be great to create a work order from which the tech can work, input his report, and from which I could invoice.

• Alec_HunterAlec_Hunter Member Posts: 4
    Agreed, I'm a new wave user. I am moving almost all of my platforms to their app or partner apps. When an unknown or new client calls for service we can't write estimates over the phone having never seen the issue face to face to actually gauge the correct response. A work order allows for a wide variety of on site actions and allows admin to issue the correct follow up. For instance if someone calls me and says I have a " blank " system and I want to add several "blanks" but im not sure if my current system has the ability to handle the " blank " i want.

A work order response to survey the system components, make repairs where it makes sense, and provide details concerning the requested Additional " blanks * is required in order to provide the correct estimate and hopefully a follow up invoice. It also allows for billing the work order items as a service call line item in the invoice.

Right now there is no work order option but can we use the ZAP partner to connect another work order app to wave?
  • CarpenterguyCarpenterguy Member Posts: 1
    I am in a similar boat as the previous comments but a little different. I make custom furniture and typically invoice first. I would love the option to create a work order with all of the details that are not on our invoices which would help in the building process.
  • ShinemanShineman Member Posts: 3

There seems to be a few of us that would benefit from being able to issue work orders. Is there a timetable for adding this feature?

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hello everyone! To be completely transparent, this feature is not currently included on our product road map. To clarify, your feedback and input is not dismissed and can help influence our product road map in the future when revisiting this feature for implementation.

edited October 2, 2020