Save receipt details without posting to accounting yet

LidiaLidia Member Posts: 10

Hi,

In the Receipts mobile app we can upload the receipt, enter some details and 'Save' these before we 'Post to Accounting'. This is helpful, because sometimes I only want to input some of the data and complete it later after I have double-checked some other details. However, in the Desktop app there is no 'Save' option, we have to immediately 'Post to Accounting'.

Can we add the 'Save' option also for Desktop? Nowadays I snap a photo of the receipts on my mobile phone, and my assistant will then input the details manually afterwards on the computer (once a month). She wants to input as much data as possible in one go when she's working on the list (e.g. Merchant name, amount, etc), but because there's no 'Save' option, she has to skip whole receipts often just because 1 detail is missing.

Since the feature already exist on the mobile app, I hope this can be easily fixed for the desktop app. Thanks!

Comments

• LidiaLidia Member Posts: 10

FYI, the detail that is missing/has to be double-checked is usually either the 'Category' and/or 'Account'

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @Lidia . Thanks for getting in touch with us about this. Alluding to your workflow in this scenario is really important for us to gain a better understanding of how this would benefit your business. I'll make sure to pass along your thoughts to the team as to put it on the radar so that they know we have a user requesting this feature.

• mjglsomjglso Member Posts: 5

Hi Wave Team and @alexlewiszarkos,

Good day! I have the same concern with @Lidia . May I ask if they responded to this already. I am an editor and the owner would like me to input the details after she snapped the photo of the receipt. There are details that need to be confirmed before posting to accounting but there is no SAVE button. In the transaction section, it can still be edited but the updates or changes won't reflect on the receipt information. Kindly advise. Thank you.

Hi,

In the Receipts mobile app we can upload the receipt, enter some details and 'Save' these before we 'Post to Accounting'. This is helpful, because sometimes I only want to input some of the data and complete it later after I have double-checked some other details. However, in the Desktop app there is no 'Save' option, we have to immediately 'Post to Accounting'.

Can we add the 'Save' option also for Desktop? Nowadays I snap a photo of the receipts on my mobile phone, and my assistant will then input the details manually afterwards on the computer (once a month). She wants to input as much data as possible in one go when she's working on the list (e.g. Merchant name, amount, etc), but because there's no 'Save' option, she has to skip whole receipts often just because 1 detail is missing.

Since the feature already exist on the mobile app, I hope this can be easily fixed for the desktop app. Thanks!

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @mjglso. As of right now, this isn't something that's possible in Wave (saving the receipt so it can be edited later to post to accounting with the proper information). This could be something that we implement in the future, however, we don't have any immediate plans in adding this any time soon. The same goes for editing the receipt transaction (changing the transaction itself will not edit the receipt).

• mjglsomjglso Member Posts: 5

Thank you for the response @JamieD .