Importing data from my website

DillPickleGearDillPickleGear Member Posts: 1

Does anyone know a good solution for how to import web sales data from a separate website? Is there an easy way to do that? I don't really care if it's done in batches or in individual transactions or what, I just want an easier way of figuring out how much sales tax I owe and figure out my total sales volume without having to manually retrieve and add up data from four different places (my two separate websites for web sales, plus PayPal Here for in-person transactions, plus Wave). Wave is connected to my bank account, so it knows when money comes in and out, but the bank info just says that it came in from the payment processor or paypal or whatever - it doesn't know what's shipping, what's tax, etc.

Comments

• NikkiNikki Member Posts: 1

I would love to know about this too please. I cannot see how to import transactions that have come from another 3rd party software or even just from excel.

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @DillPickleGear

We've been thinking about that too! We're working on a new way to accept payments through Wave that will connect automatically to your Wave account. It isn't quite ready yet, but we are running a beta. If you want to read up about it, check out this article.

Otherwise, if your software doesn't allow you to export transactions as CSV, you'll have to manage those transactions manually. Paypal does allow you to export statements in CSV, but they use a format that isn't compatible with Wave, so it requires a bit of editing in Excel for the upload to work. Here are the guidelines for CSV uploads.

@NikkiG, you can import transactions in a few formats. You can find out how here.