Feature request - Invoice status's

MartinCAMartinCA Member Posts: 6

Not a big request I'm sure, but I have several invoices that are currently involved in a legal battle for payment. I would love if there was another status/tab for invoices I can move there which are undergoing a 'issue' of some kind. That way the 'unpaid' tab can be with invoices still pending payment, and those in the 'dispute' tab for example won't affect the 'usually pays in x' counter and also helps keep the unpaid tab clean of invoices I know might takes months or years to resolve. I don't want to delete invoices as those are evidence, but I don't want clutter either in my unpaid list.

Comments

• SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

That's a really great suggestion @MartinCA (but I apologize about the situation that prompted it!).

While these invoices remain unpaid, you could write them off as 'Bad Debt', which we have a guide to here: https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000031243-Dealing-with-bad-debt-How-to-write-off-an-invoice

If they did eventually get paid you could then revert to marking them paid as usual. But I'm going to take this to our product page. Being able to 'hold' an invoice pending payments for specific reasons would be a really helpful feature.

• RahimRahim Member Posts: 97 ✭✭

@MartinCA Thanks for the feedback. We have recently been looking at improvements to the "states" an invoice can have and the ability for an invoice to have multiple states. The idea of a "disputed" invoice is great as is the suggestion of those invoices not affecting other vital stats. I'll take that back and discuss that with the team!

If we kept these in the unpaid tab but allowed you to filter them out would that be ideal or would you rather they be removed and put in "All invoices" with the ability to filter for the ones just in dispute?