Transfers to my PayPal Account are showing up as uncategorised expenses

TamaraTamara Member Posts: 2

Until recently, my PayPal account was linked with my Wave account as is my bank account and my credit card account. Transfers from my bank account to my PayPal account are marked as transfers, but in my balance sheet they show up as uncategorised expenses. When you look at the individual transaction in question, it's categorised as a transfer. I've attached screen shots.

How to I fix this so that it doesn't look like I have more expenses (or income) than I do? Is there a way to delete these troublesome transactions and make some sort of journal entry?

Tagged:

Comments

• TamaraTamara Member Posts: 2

Actually, this is a transfer from my PayPal account to my bank account. It's a withdrawal. How do I make it not look like an uncategorised expense? The income in my bank account has already been accounted for as a sale.

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Tamara,

This is a known issue with transactions uploaded automatically through the PayPal integration. I can't give you a timeline as to when it will be fixed, but we are aware of it.

You might have an easier time uploading your PayPal transactions manually through a CSV file. It requires a bit of work on your part, since the format PayPal uses for its CSVs isn't compatible with our, but you would be uploading it like if it was a bank statement, following the instructions here. You'll also want to be mindful of the guidelines posted here.

You should just be able to delete those transactions and re-enter them manually.

Let me know if you have any trouble, I'll be happy to help.

• leahjo5leahjo5 Member Posts: 2

I'm having the same issue! Has a fix been found for this? I just went through a long process of categorizing the 3 transactions created by Paypal (2 transactions are transfers, one is an expense) and for some reason still showing up as uncategorized income even though the individual transaction clearly shows it's a transfer.

How do I make this stop without deleting the work I did categorizing the automatically created transactions?

• AliyahAliyah Member Posts: 1

I'd love to know too! 14th December and it looks like the issues they were having in March have still not been addressed?