Wave Accounting - Account Ordering on Financial Staments (by Account 3?)

stephenscottcpastephenscottcpa Member Posts: 1

I would like to be able to control the order that accounts appear on the balance sheet sections and the profit and loss statement., preferebly by account number so I can control presentation ordering and most liquid to least liquid assets, etc. Does Wave strictly sort Alphabetically? How can I control the order?

Stephen Scott, CPA

Comments

• JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hey @stephenscottcpa! Welcome to Wave's Forum, and judging by your handle, you're a CPA! It's always nice to hear about how Wave works for CPAs and getting that insight is really valuable. If you haven't already posted in the Wave Pro Listing then I'd recommend doing so! You may be able to find some local clients who are looking for a CPA: https://community.waveapps.com/categories/find-an-accountant-or-bookkeeper

In terms of editing the ordering of accounts on the reports, to the best of my knowledge, there is not a way to reorder them, I'm afraid. I am, however, curious about how this sort of thing would effect your daily actions. Is this more of a personal preference, or is there another reason that you are looking to have more control of the ordering on the reports?