Categorizing Credit Card Transactions

brian_ebrian_e Member Posts: 5

I'm not understanding the process for categorizing the credit card transactions I import. I want to associate them with expense categories but as a credit all I have is the asset side of the ledger. What am I not understanding?

Comments

• brian_ebrian_e Member Posts: 5

Correction: I do have Accounts Payable as an option under Liability Accounts

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @brian_e. If possible, could you please include a screenshot of exactly what you are referring to in Wave here? You should be able to categorize your credit card transactions as expense by making sure you have the correct account created (in the chart of accounts section) and then categorizing those transactions with the correct category. Please let me know when you get a chance!

• brian_ebrian_e Member Posts: 5

@JamieD Please see below. These transactions are showing up as Green instead of Red.

• ChelseaKChelseaK Member Posts: 261 ✭✭

@brian_e Thanks for sharing that screenshot! Looks like you've got the category set to 'Deposit' which is why those transactions are appearing in Green. Select 'Withdrawal' instead and then you'll be able to categorize the expense :)