Bill Numbers

TheZeeeTheZeee Member Posts: 3

Hello,

Is there a way to automate BILL NUMBER creation when creating new bills? Instead of adding the BILL NUMBER manually?

Comments

• ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @TheZeee, thanks for reaching out. I'm afraid it is not possible for bills to be set to automatically create numbers, you will need to add them each time. I would be happy to pass your feedback along to our product team, can you fill me in on how useful this feature would be for you? That type of context is super beneficial! Thanks :smile:

• TheZeeeTheZeee Member Posts: 3
    Hi Zoe,

Today im managing to enter the Bill number manually because in just starting out and im able to remember how many bills i have and set the bill number to the last bill number + 1.

But when things start moving quickly and i have more bills coming my way, it will be very hard to track the bill numbers and when adding a new bill remember what the last bill number was and add 1 to it..etc.

So just like invoices, when you add a new invoice, the invoice number is generated and incremented automatically. The same feature on bills will be extremely helpful and makes tracking and managing bills more productive.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Thanks
    TheZeee
  • AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @TheZeee . Thanks for giving us more of an idea of your workflow and how you're using Bills in Wave. In the meantime, I'd suggest that before creating a Bill, you sort the rest of your Bills by number (click Number at the top of the page) which should allow you see the last number that you let off with.

• pgriffithpgriffith Member Posts: 1

I'd also like this feature added, incrementing bill numbers exactly as the invoices do it.