Options

Bank Connection Not Updating

sundayfundaysundayfunday Member Posts: 8

My TD Bank account is not updating on Wave. I hit "Update Now" and it looks to be working but then it doesn't update (see screenshot). I have tried re-entering my credentials, but that doesn't work either. Help!

edited August 30, 2018 in Bank Connections

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @sundayfunday.

There's an issue between TD Bank (US) and our third-party bank data provider that is stopping you (and other TD clients) from updating their bank connection. The short version of it is that TD updated their website without alerting our data provider and it threw off the bank connection system.

I can't give you a timeline on when a fix will be rolled out, but I can tell you that our bank data provider is working on it as we speak.

• Options
    akartakart Member Posts: 1

Hello:

Are there any updates on this issue? I'm having the same problem and is being very difficult for my small business because my clients are getting their money back. Without a connection to my bank I can't accept their payments.
    If I can't find a solution soon, I will need to find a different software.

Thank you,

• Options

Hi @akart.

You should still be able to accept Payments just not upload transactions automatically. The two systems are completely independent from each other. If you're having trouble setting Payments, follow the steps outlined here.

The reason why they're treated as separate systems is simple that banks are a lot more lenient when it comes to depositing money into accounts they hold than they are about letting third parties extract data from them. We're able to process payments through our own channels but have to jump through a few hoops for automatic transaction uploads.

If you have any issues setting up payment processing, let me know, I'm happy to help.

• Options
    ZacZac Member Posts: 1

Any updates on this issue? By TD bank accounts haven't been able to update in over 4 weeks. Is there an estimated timeline as to when we can expect the TD bank connection to be functional again? Thanks.

• Options

Hi @Zac.

Unfortunately, I don't have an update to give. I understand how frustrating this must be, but it's now in the hands of our third party bank data provider, and they'll be working on fixing this connection as soon as they can, following their priority order. If you want to learn a bit more about the causes of connection issues such as these, I recommend reading this post.

Until the connection is fixed, you'll have to upload your bank statements manually. Here are the steps on how to do this.

• Options
    VicVic Member Posts: 2

Any update on this? My account last imported on 2/25/18. Although it's not w/ TD Bank I'm getting similar results.

• Options
    CuneytCuneyt Member Posts: 1

I have been having the same problem with TD Bank connection for a while now. I have exchanged a couple emails with the support team. Listen to this; They are not aware of this problem! Good thing I found this form so at least I know someone is working on it. Hopefully that is the case...

• Options

Hi @Vic. Have you tried going through the troubleshooting steps found here? They may help you out. The issues with bank connections are not generalized. If you can't connect to your bank, you may be facing a different issue. I would recommend reading this post to get a better idea of what can go wrong with bank connections, and what workarounds are available.

Hi @Cuneyt. The issues mentioned in this post had to do with connections to TD (US). There is currently a known problem with connections to TD Canada Trust, and you can follow updates on those issues here.

Until it is resolved, you'll have to upload your bank statements manually. You can find out how to do so here.

• Options
    HeatherCavernHeatherCavern Member Posts: 0

I saw a thread on this from last year but the discussion is closed. I also see other people are currently having this problem currently. For the last few months my accounts are not updating accurately. I did all the things it said. Including deleting the accounts and adding the accounts again. It has the total correct but will not add the transactions. I have a few years of data here with wave and don't want to switch to a new one if I don't have to. Can someone please help me. I'm Cavern Films LLC and my bank is Onpoint Community Credit Union.

• Options
    SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hey @HeatherCavern, are the transactions still not coming in? I can see it looks the connection was successful, and I've attempted a refresh on our end as well just in case, but I'm also seeing some potential data outages for Onpoint. Let me know though if it's continuing to show you a balance but no transactions. If you can send me a private message we can dig in further!

• Options
    steve3_psteve3_p Member Posts: 2

Hello I am finding that by wave transaction account is not updating transactions even after 3 days and having logged on and off. My bank is an NAB account in Australia. i am testing wave prior to using full functions and so far I love it but that fact it does not update transactions concerns me

• Options
    SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hi @steve3_p, have you tried the troubleshooting steps here: https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003087843-How-do-I-troubleshoot-my-bank-connection-

If you have had no success with them, let me know! Were transactions ever successfully being imported into your Wave account? Or it has been 3 days since connection and still nothing has come through?

• Options
    CCKSVCCCKSVC Member Posts: 5

I'm having the same issues. Account Balance or Transactions not updating

• Options
    Clean4me_Clean4me_ Member Posts: 2

Hi there, I am having the same problem now.

• Options
    MagnusMagnus Member Posts: 4

I've just started having the same problem I think....

I'm with BankWest in Australia (commonwealth bank off shoot) and it used to work fine but for the whole day today its isn't updating the connection and transactions... been working fine for years prior.

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Magnus . We're currently investigating an issue that bank feeds are not updating regularly. We're working with our banking data provider to get to the bottom of it. Please check https://community.waveapps.com/discussion/5219/cannot-connect-bank-account#latest for further updates.

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @CCKSVC + @Clean4me_ . We're currently investigating an issue that bank feeds are not updating regularly. We're working with our banking data provider to get to the bottom of it. Please check https://community.waveapps.com/discussion/5219/cannot-connect-bank-account#latest for further updates.

edited June 25, 2019
  • Options
    hatconhatcon Member Posts: 1

I have been having the same problem since 6/22/19 and still have it as of this morning 6/26/19. Please help

• Options
    CCKSVCCCKSVC Member Posts: 5

Thanks @alexlewiszarkos. Also I get asked for a 2FA verification code every single time, it's annoying.

• Options
    ChelseaKChelseaK Member Posts: 261 ✭✭

@CCKSVC I'm afraid we don't control what's populated here. Do you have 2FA?

edited June 26, 2019
  • Options
    CatDCatD Member Posts: 1

I am having the same issue with my NAB Account in Australia and so is a friend of mine. Our feeds are not updating and not coming through into Wave. I have waited, hit update, signed in signed out and still nothing. Could someone give me an update please?

edited August 2, 2019
  • Options
    JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @CatD. Could you please file a support ticket here (https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) -- so that our team can take a look at your specific bank connection problem? We may need to escalate up to our data provider, and having more context within that support ticket thread is something necessary in order to do so.

edited August 7, 2019