Options

PayPal Integration Alternative besides using Zapier

netologynetology Member Posts: 6

Sorry I did do a search a few times but new to WAVE and is there an alternative to Zapier, as PayPal is a Prem. App so it is 20 bucks a month just to integrate PayPal to WAVE. Thanks so much!

Comments

• Options

Just found the Integration Link within my WAVE app control panel, and have integrated my PayPal account. But still interested to know if there are issues with the internal option or if there are other ways to integrate besides Zapier (other than manual CSV uploads) - Thanks! / Dave

edited June 15, 2019
  • Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @netology

Unfortunately there is no other way to integrate paypal into Wave that isn't through the integrations section. Our Bank connection services will only let you connect an actual bank account, importing the data from your bank's transaction page into your Wave account. Unfortunately, because Paypal is not an actual bank that we can scrape this transactional information using bank connections page as we would a real bank. Hope this answers your question. Take care and have a good day!

• Options

Barsin,
    Oh, the internal integration to PayPal within WAVE works perfectly for us, At the time I posted that request, I had not realized that was there. So we are "all good in the hood"!

Great product, support, and services!

Best,
    Dave

• Options
    ECDiscountersECDiscounters Member Posts: 3

When I integrated my PayPal account, it asked me the date that I wanted to go back to but it only added the last 10 days of transactions and made the oldest transaction a "Beginning Balance" using my PayPal balance on that date. Does anyone know why it won't go back to April 1st, 2019?

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @ECDiscounters

Once connected, the PayPal connection should import automatically like the bank connections. However, there is an issue that has been known to occur where this process stops and a manual refresh is required.

Go to your menu and click Integrations > Click the pen icon to the right of the Paypal integration to edit that connection. When you open this window you will be able to adjust the date field to import from one day prior to the date you currently have listed. Doing this will act as a manual refresh and prompt the system to pull any transactions that have not been automatically imported.

I would advise that you do not disconnect and then reconnect the PayPal integration. Doing this will result in a new paypal category getting added to your chart of accounts every time you reconnect the PayPal account, and you'd have to then manually move all your old paypal imports over to the new account.

If this doesn't resolve the issue and allow for automatic imports (which you should see after a few days), it's possible that you're affected by an ongoing paypal issue we've been experiencing. Let us know if this update works!

• Options

Thanks a bunch!! I'll try your suggested fix and let you know if that works. I really appreciate the prompt reply/response to my question. It just goes to show that great customer service really does still exist in a few companies!

• Options
    ChelseaKChelseaK Member Posts: 261 ✭✭

@ECDiscounters Ya, let us know! And thanks for the kind words. I'll make sure Barsin sees your response! :)

• Options

Yeah, it didn't work. I have found that I NEVER get that lucky. I'm always the one that the worst case scenario happens to. LOL. No worries, I can go back and manually enter them into Wave. I only have to go back to April, as this is when we started the company so its not like I have to do the entire first quarter. Thank you guys for the tip. Who knows, I may need to use it again later and it may work for me then!