Recurring or scheduled Bill

adam_aksonadam_akson Member Posts: 4

Hi, I've just moved over to Wave from Zoho, great product, nice and simple, but can't see a way to have bills/outgoings set-up on a recurring schedule.
Items such as web hosting, rent, internet costs, etc., are the same each month. Right now it looks as is I need to manually create the same bills each time. Is there any way to automate this? Is it a feature in a paid version or something?
Thanks

Comments

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @adam_akson . Currently recurring bills is not a feature in Wave. I'll take this as a feature request, but in the meantime feel free to duplicate your Bill (click the drop down button next to the bill) and change the date on it so you don't have to actually manually create a new one each month.

• FlopbotFlopbot Member Posts: 27

Yes, please do add a Recurring Bills/Expenses/Income feature to help automate as much as of the repetitive data entry possible.

I'm new to Wave, but would think it would make sense to show up here...

Is there really no way to automate things like monthly bills, etc. in Wave?

Short of manually copying them one-by-one?

edited August 28, 2021
  • pcastlebergpcastleberg Member Posts: 4

Very sad to see this is still not a feature of Wave. I've been ready to switch to Wave for over 2 years, but this feature (or the lack of it) is a deal breaker. When I search I see multiple requests for it and multiple threads with many comments.

The last official update I saw from Wave staff was that this feature is not even being worked on. That was a while ago...I hope that's changed and that it is being worked on.

Can anyone from Wave offer an update?

• APOATreasurerAPOATreasurer Member Posts: 4

I recently started using Wave after getting elected Treasurer of a small HOA. I'm still learning the ropes, but I definitely see the need for a recurring billing feature. We have a number of recurring charges (banking service charge, insurance, road maintenance contract, etc., etc.) that are exactly the same every month. I'm an unpaid volunteer, and I don't have a lot of time to devote to this new role. Manually entering the same bills month after month after month is a lot of extra work that could be taken off my plate with a recurring bills feature.